How to remove the...erm...

Matsuba

not sure what to call it.

Its the tray/space/gap/storage "thing" under the climate control?

I've bought a Connects2 iPod interface and was thinking of bringing the iPod connector down from the headunit behind the climate control and maybe making a hole in the back of the "thing" for the lead to go through.

I don't want to store my iPod in the glovebox as I want easy access to it from the drivers seat and since the "thing" is really deep I'll be able to hide the iPod out of view.

Any ideas anyone?

As far as I can recall, it is just pushed in, with a clip on either side.

Mind you I think it needed a fair amount of grunt to pull it out.

Cheers

Sarge

Lovely...thanks spike!

This place is so cool. I posted my question, took doggy for a walk and by the time I came back I had an answer. Bloody marvelous!

Thanks

Matt

I've recently taken this storage tray out to fit a new Indicator relay (the relay is buried deep behind this tray).

Bret is bang on the money (Mike has mentioned this before as well), open the ashtray first or you will damage it removing the storage tray.

Put two fists inside the tray (one facing up and one facing down), expand your hands inside the tray and pull the tray out. It is very tight but it will eventually come out...and be careful with the two small spring clips holding it in as they tend to open out as you pull the tray out...and then when you go to press them back into position the little tabs snap off!!! :(

(thus I now have to replace the two little spring clips on my storage tray!

Now for the bad news Keith - the little clips are not available separately!

The only choice is to replace the entire storage shelf, as a cost of around £24

Cheers

Mike

Bad news indeed Mike. :(

Before shelling out for a new tray I'll try and fabricate some clips. To be honest the tray hasn't budged since I took it out but I'd prefer it rock solid and factory again.

what silver center dash part? The A2 wasn't sold in the US, are you sure you're in the right place?

OK, forget it, more spam.

Bret

Back