How unlucky am i!?

Fixed the dreaded water in the boot problem at the weekend which was a pain getting the rear bumper off, now the opensky roof has decided its going to pack up on me. It makes a loud click and twists then gets jammed. To get it back took absolutely ages and im scared to open it again in case it doesnt go back properly and water leaks in. Ive looked at other posts and it seems like this is another of the A2's famous problems and very expensive to fix! Anyone had any joy sourcing the repair kits? Have got condensation is the headlights too, so tried putting the silicone sachets in behind the lights as reccomended which hasnt really seemed to work, and now to top it all off, i have noticed scratch marks caused by the wiper blade metal parts. Anyone know how to get scratches out of a windscreen!? :(

On a good note though, put my 17" RS8 replicas on at the weekend which look brilliant! :D

If the scratches are not to deep they can be polished not sure who would that though, don't think auto windscreens do anything like that, maybe try some of the smart repair people

Cheers Phil

If you have a mandrel and polishing pads (the type that polish on the edge, not the flat), then you can do this yourself and fairly easily.

You'll need some cerium oxide powder too, available from gem shops (it is commonly used to tumble polish gem stones), and a bit of water.

Thyen it's just a case of time and patience.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for the help guys, i only wish i had joined this forum earlier!

Anyone have any info on the repair kits for the opensky roofs though?

The repair kits are not a kit as such, but are a number of upgraded parts (metal instead of plastic) and the total for all the bits needed is around £130.

Trouble is though, that you'll need to take panels out to fit it and then you really need an alignment jig to set everything back up again, which are so expensive (the jigs) that even dealers tend to share one between themselves in a region.

Cheers,

mike

The repair kits are not a kit as such, but are a number of upgraded parts (metal instead of plastic) and the total for all the bits needed is around £130.

Trouble is though, that you'll need to take panels out to fit it and then you really need an alignment jig to set everything back up again, which are so expensive (the jigs) that even dealers tend to share one between themselves in a region.

Cheers,

mike

Has anyone on here tried to do anything with the opensky roof without using the jig?
I would love to know if it's possible to even try to attempt the roof for £130 ;).

Regards,
Jim

we should hold an opensky repair event, approach a dealer and see if they will 'rent' the jig to us.

then with our combined knowledge we could fit one by one the repair kits to all our a2's

we should hold an opensky repair event, approach a dealer and see if they will 'rent' the jig to us.

then with our combined knowledge we could fit one by one the repair kits to all our a2's

I 2nd that great idea...

I know a man who knows a man :rolleyes: long story.... that works for Audi Standsted who does jobs out of hours, perhaps I could have a word ;)

Jim

In my pre-A2 days, the Audi S2 Forum used to hold "Garage Days" - where we would hold a day/weekend in a mechanic's garage and all forum members could get work done with the shared expertise of all the members there, plus the mechanics on hand from the garage, plus use of all the ramps/tools etc. Was a really good forum activity and helped a lot of people get work done.

Back