I got one!

Timmyo

Well, after a couple weeks of searching, and with help from some very helpful folk on here...thank you Steve and Drew....I picked up my A2 tonight and drove it home - sweet!

Deep green..I believe Forest Green is the name....the photo doesn't do her justice its from my iPhone 3G...will do a better job at the weekend

She's not perfect...a few little projects to work on like getting the OSS as smooth as possible, driver's door check strap, rear winder handle to find....all part of the fun!

audi a2 002.jpg

That is great news.

That is not a common colour either.

Looking forward to seeing the progress you make and some more pictures and info.

We have lots of people waiting to help with any questions you have when bringing it up to spec.

Best wishes
Steve B

Very nice looking car !. I am in no way mechanically minded but i fixed my door check strap last week and the smooth operation and lack of a "click" makes a big difference.
Ta
Dave
:)

Well, after a couple weeks of searching, and with help from some very helpful folk on here...thank you Steve and Drew....I picked up my A2 tonight and drove it home - sweet!

Deep green..I believe Forest Green is the name....the photo doesn't do her justice its from my iPhone 3G...will do a better job at the weekend

She's not perfect...a few little projects to work on like getting the OSS as smooth as possible, driver's door check strap, rear winder handle to find....all part of the fun!

View attachment 19416

Hi and welcome along to a great club, plenty of helpfull people on here to assist!
Great looking car BTW be nice to see some more pics later or see you at a social!
If you were still looking for any bits for your new project I found this on eBay finishing very soon and a bargain of a donor car,I believe it's the same colour, not sure on interior though!
Cheers Jeff
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251948001805

glad you found one tim... the only downside to owning the a2 is the lack of rust that you were so fond of on the mazda ;)

happy motoring, and if you need any further info, just ask

cheers
drew

Thanks guys....that would be a bargain donor car...if I had somewhere to keep it! and of course its petrol....and yeah I think their interior looks beige, whereas I have now deciphered the Audi interior codes and it seems mine is Platinum...I think!!

Yes Drew....you noticed the rust then...;)...was kinda sorry to see the Mazda going into Picup Spares for salvage yesterday...thats been a great car, did 70k miles in it over 3 years and that engine just ran and ran....only changed the oil twice and it never missed a beat or overheated or anything! I shall not be carrying out that experiment on my A2!

Back