I need help with my cruise control...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitora

I hope some of you peope in this forum is able to help me out.

I just got a cruise control stalk and a cable from ebay.de and I installed both in my car. When I tried to connect the wires to the white connector pins 2, 3, 6 and 7 underneath the floor on the drivers side I discovered the female part of the white connector didn't have any wires in it.

Is it even possible to install a cruise control in an '02 1,4 gazoline A2 ?

The schematics I have is for the diesel which is a "drive by wire" principle. I don't know if this is the case for my car.

Can anyone help me out here ?

[16]

Hi, I,ve never fitted cruise control to an A2 but it should be a fairly simple system the principles are basic. But working in the motor trade you may find the system may need to be calibrated or the cars software relearned to except the implant.

Your best bet is to get an Audi dealer or someone with acess to there diagnostic systems.

Diesel or petrol engines should make no difference as it talks to the brake light switch and and engine ecu. I'm surprised this was not fitted standard by Audi AG as this is another fuel saving device being able to drive smoothly.

I've been reading about (home)installing CC on a German forum. And it caused much confusion over there.
Let me tell you that, as far as I gathered, there is _at least_ one type of car that can have the CC installed the way you tried, and that's the diesel, modelyear 2002 or earlier.
The 2003 diesel seems to be lacking a bit of wiring and is therefor harder to connect, but it still is possible.

BUT, as far as petrol cars are concerned, I think the German forum decided it was a 'no go'. Sorry.
The main computer doesn't support it, and would have to be replaced by another type, setting you back around 500 euro... Not worth it.

Since you're Swedish I think you might read German too, so have a look at these threads:

http://www.a2forum.com/thread.php?threadid=42&sid=f75ed1b9bf4e94a832603dc74e5b04d2

and for an alternative way (without the stalk, but still a valid petrol/diesel discussion):

http://www.a2forum.com/thread.php?threadid=819&sid=f75ed1b9bf4e94a832603dc74e5b04d2

Hope that helps. But all this information is still confusing (to me at least).

--
Edo
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back