Indicator mod?

dan_b

A2OC Donor
My A4 had a nice feature on the indicators whereby if you did a quick flick, they would give you three flashes - nice for easy lange-changing on motorways for example. I got very used to this mode.
My A2 doesn't have this. Can it be enabled/modded?

I did it some time ago, very easy !
You have to remove the ashtray (torx screws) and the "cubby hole" (first unclip the surrond, then pull the cubby hole). The indicators relay is there behind. You remove the relay itself, plug it on the relay holder of the "Komfortblinker kit", and finally plug this kit (in fact a loom) on the holder of the original relay. That's it :)

VAGParts will sell you one, but will not hold it in stock - a dealer will be far quicker, usually within a day.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers - I'm not in any great hurry.

I do like VAGParts, they've always come up with the goods at a good price, much prefer to try and do my business with these sorts of independent retailers if I can. No connection to seller to declare!

Wow.. this is a mod I never knew existed! I miss the feature from my previous SEAT Ibiza so I'll be ordering one of these :D

Cheers - I'm not in any great hurry.

I do like VAGParts, they've always come up with the goods at a good price, much prefer to try and do my business with these sorts of independent retailers if I can. No connection to seller to declare!

I know what you mena and understand the supporting of indy sellers, but, the postage on top of the slight discount will make it more expensive than from a dealer in this instance.

Cheers,

Mike

Let us know how straightforward a fitting job it is - time wise and skin-loss wise ;)

Well, that was a waste of time :mad:

It's not as easy as it sounds to remove the cubby hole trim, but in my case there was no need to remove the ashtray. Once I finally got at the indicator relay it soon became apparent that this part DOES NOT fit the A2.. the A2's relay module clips in via a 10-pin connector, this part has an 8-pin connector.

Therefore there must be a few variants of this item out there and the one I have isn't the one required.. back to the dealer I go for a refund :(

Well, that was a waste of time :mad:

It's not as easy as it sounds to remove the cubby hole trim, but in my case there was no need to remove the ashtray. Once I finally got at the indicator relay it soon became apparent that this part DOES NOT fit the A2.. the A2's relay module clips in via a 10-pin connector, this part has an 8-pin connector.

Therefore there must be a few variants of this item out there and the one I have isn't the one required.. back to the dealer I go for a refund :(
You'll be lucky to get a refund Ian - pretty much all Audi UK dealers will not accept returns of electronic parts and it probably says this on the invoice somewhere.

Cheers,

Mike

I will check with Cum-Cartec that i mentioned in my first reply. He is advertising the Komfort Blinker for all Audi's, the A2 as well.

When it has 10-pins i will order one for myself and post the results.

I bought mine from a German ebay powerseller and it said "Audi A2 Komfortblinker kit". I paid around 45€. I didn't count the number of pins, though...
Fitting was really straightforward but, as Driveforward says, the trickier part of the job is to unclip the surround trim of the cubby hole. I did it a second time since then (to replace my climate unit with one with switches for heated seats), and I wasn't better at unclipping that damn surround. I even broke a 2nd clip :(
BTW,what's the part number of that surround in black ?

Back