Information Indicator Problem

Colin 540

A2OC Donor
England
Anyone else had this problem? - My 2001 TDI has developed a fault in that when I put the indicators on either left or right side, they work as they should do then after cancelling the clicking continues to come from behind dash,I read on the forum that its the relay switch so I have replaced this today,problem is its not solved this clicking,the problem is still there,any idea what else it could be all indicators work fine also hazards and all lights.

it might be the indicator stalk that is faulty and not canceling the turn indicators. Although I wouldn't know how to identify it is the fault. However, tt shouldn't be too expensive as a replacement part. Or you could at the same time, get a skipton cruise retro fit as it replaces the stalk anyway.

have you noticed a big improvement in economy since fitting cruise or was it for comfort?

have you noticed a big improvement in economy since fitting cruise or was it for comfort?

In general people can drive more economically with cruise off (since a steady load letting the speed fluctuate a little is more economical than sticking to a rigid RPM regardless of terrain). I asked Mike to fit it to mine in order to take the stress out of a long 50-mph average speed camera zone on my daily route.

All very interesting but how's this helping Nozzer with his indicator problem? (sorry Nozzer haven't got a clue)

If its not the relay thats knackered ( do a search in the Search box as its been covered by other posts previously many times) and your first point of call.

The guys are saying put a cruise setup in as your already have to buy the indicator switch it just needs enabling plus a small wire up your 90% there.
thats what the guys are on about.

It is a forum after all and I'm sure they are only being helpful but best try search box first then post a message if your stuck.

Last edited:
first thing, I wasn't thread drifting!

Second, i have already suggested your stalk could be the problem. If so, your options are, as said, replace it or at the same time do a cruise control retro fit, which replaces the stalk with a new albeit different one.

I had the same issue with it not stopping and I had the stalk changed by skipton(mike) and all was good. Like you I changed the relay twice but its definitely the stalk.

Hi All,
Thanks for your help,searched the forum and it all points to the stalk being the culprit,going to get the indicator stalk changed ASAP.

Back