Inside boot cover removal?

manhattan$

Past Member
Hi,

Does anyone know the procedure for removing the cover on the inside of the boot lid? Its the carpeted panel that has the handle to close the boot without pushing the boot lid down from the outside, if you know what i mean.

I have dent devils coming to repair a very very small minor ding that needs massaging out.
Also, does anyone know if the boot panel is double skinned? I am sure the lower part of the boot panel is plastic, and top aluminium.

Any advice, or ETKA removal diagram would be great!

From memory, it's a pull off job, being held on by clips alone. You do have to remove the rest of the tailgate trim first though, starting with the top, then the sides and finally the carpeted bit you're on about.

I'll confirm this when I get home (Jeremy Kyle-ing at the mo), unless someone else chips in first.

Cheers,

Mike

I'ts a pull off job as Skipton thought. The clips are extremely tight so it is a case of brute force and an assistant to catch the flying trim as it pops off.
The tailgate is double skinned with an additional outer plastic panel on the lower part, around the number plate area (hope that makes sense)

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Back