Insruacen with a stealth re-map

Chatters

A2OC Donor
Hi - new to the forum !
We are looking to re-insure our Audi A2 - so looking for advice as to which insurance company would be happy to insure our car which we're thinking of a stealth re-map. Current insurance company say no !

Last edited:
Simple - don't tell them.
If you're not comfortable about that though (!), on a previous car I had a large number of performance mods (70BHP+ engine upgrades plus all manner of other stuff) and declared that plus others to Elephant and they were fine with it and in fact it didn't affect my premium.

Re-map & Insurance...

Hi Chatters,

Welcome to the forum, I had an experience with my previous insurance company over a similar situation but managed to talk my way out of a big problem which nearly voided my insurance. When push comes to shove the insurance companies have you over a barrel, the decision is entirely in your court mate... you do or you don't, but just in case - be warned.

Cheers to you and yours,

Ian ;)

Ok to reiterate my story I used to own an Audi s2 quattro (220bhp standard trim) - insured with Elephant at the time for £500. I then delcared the following mods - engine +80bhp to 300bhp (including exhaust and remap), Brembo brakes, droped suspension, Porsche wheels. Premium remained at £500.
Then the following year, I then added my wife who had then just passed her test (ie total novice driver) as a named driver (bearing in mind this car hit 60 in 5secs!), they dropped the premium to £250.
It just goes to show.

Adrian Flux is very much fast car friendly and is well known and recommended by friends who frequent track days, with track oriented machines. If you do want to declare the re-map, worth giving them a ring.

Elephant, Admiral and Bell are of the same company and I've always had cheaper premiums with an additional driver, whoever he/she may be! Now I have company fleet insurance, who is rather mod friendly :)

Replies re Remap insurance

Many thanks for the replies - a friendly helpful club like this really enhances the pleasure of owning one of these machines. Will follow up Flux, Elephant and Sky insurances, as well as booking it in with Stealth - saying that I've just noticed Swift Performance Centre in our home town (Sheffield) who do Audi (had an A2 outside) so will give them a call out of interest...
happy motoring!

saying that I've just noticed Swift Performance Centre in our home town (Sheffield) who do Audi (had an A2 outside) so will give them a call out of interest...
happy motoring!

Be wary of companies who offer an 'off the shelf' remap option - you really need a rolling road session to tailor the code to your car, as all cars vary - even ones made the same day on the same production line!

Cheers,

Mike

Back