Installing rear speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fhj

Does anyone have experience with installing speakers and/or tweeters in rear doors ?
I believe the wires are not fitted from the factory ?
Any recommendation on whether to use original "AUDI" speakers ?

Flemming 1,2 TDi 3L

I had installed kenwood KFC-P522 13cm speakers inc sep. tweeters in the rear doors. Not the cheapest at £102 pair but not expensive. Four hours labour at £32 per hour for cable, speakers and head unit. You are right about there being no cables in place so the door panels and trim need to be removed to put the cable in place.

Ray....

yes
i also would like to know how to install the rear speakers since i am interested in fitting audi speakers and since the dealers are going to charge me £287.00 just to install them i would very much like to try it myself i think i was quoted £113.00 just for the speakers themselves so will be going for that option but unsure how to remove the door covers and put new wiring in would really like a sketch or photo of how it is done
Please can anyone help

thanks
Andrew Simmons A2 1.4 TDI SE Cobalt Blue

A.D.Simmons

Hi Flemming

No they are not fitted from the factory, because I have removed my radio, and there is only 4 connections to the iso adaptor. 2 to the left and 2 to the right speaker. Non for the rear.
Send me an email. Eventuelt på Dansk ;)) [email protected]

Jesper Lindholdt
Audi A2 TDI 3l
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/europe8.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back