Instrument dial

AlanA2

A2OC Donor
I have seen a couple of pics, that show chrome rings arond the dials, is this a standard or aftermarket kit, either way howmuch would these cost?

Chrome rims on dials

Early build A2 models had plain black rims on the instruments. Later models had a chrome finish. I think the change took place in 2002. Would be expensive to retrofit just for a bit of vanity. On the other hand, have you got a steady hand, a paint brush and years of Airfix modeling experiance behind you.....

I was of the thought that the base models came with the plain black Instruments(also Gearlever surround and handbrake button) and that the SE models had the Silver surrounds and other bits.

I think you can buy and retro fit the gearlever surround and handbrake button,but you would have to buy a complete new instrument panel to get the silver surrounds.

The latter is not cheap either.

the rings are freelly available to retrofit on ebay, maybe not the UK ones, but definately on the german ones

If you want to add the aluminium trim to the bottom of the gearstick gaiter, it'll cost £20.43. The aluminium handbrake knob is £8.39 and the trim ring at the rear of the handbrake grip is £7.66. All prices are from the dealer and include VAT.

The clocks are available with aluminium rings, but the rings themselves are not a separate part unfortunately. The cost of new clocks is £466, as an exchange service, or more if you don'thand in a set.

Cheers,

Mike

Cheers to everyone for the help, will start searching ebay. but will purchase the gearstick surround, as already have the handbrake part.

Back