Insurance Quotes.. The AA come through

EF MAX

I am one of those people who never just accept the first quote thrown at me. Last year the HSBC, through Direct Line quoted me £23 per month with full N/C/D and I was happy,, not bad for a 2 year old car.. Then disaster with my radiator problem which they duly stumped up for,, still think it was Audi’s fault.

Anyway, this year they up the premium from £23 per month to £59 per month.. and they expect me to just sit back and say thank you,, how about NO THANK YOU.

Well I tested the AA claims, reduce your premium by 40% and if you find a better offer they will match it or give you your money back.. so off I went, well “Quote Me Happy” made me cry and so did a few others,, anyway, the AA came up with £28 per month which takes into account my claim and lost of most of my N/C/D [knocked me back down to 3 yrs].. am I happy!!

It would have been £21 per month with my full N/C/D.. still not a bad quote::

Last edited:
just had a quote from "more than" they are quoting me £203 fully comp and full no claims protection plus my wife also included now thats what i call good but not due til next month but will be changing for sure. Currently paying £24 a month

i just tried for a quote with more than,for a tdi sport.

£246 fully comp works out at about £20 a month,the best quote i have found.

im not sure if it is worth paying for these extras though?

Maximum No Claims Bonus for Life

Legal Assistance Plan

Travel Accident Plan

they work out at just under £2 each a month extra.

car insurance

Have you tried Confused.com or Elephant.co.uk, i got my insurance through elephant and it was £70 cheaper than last year.

In December Churchill charged me £243.60 for the new TDi. Fully protected NCD with S, D & P plus commuting use. Estimated mileage 12000pa. Overnight parking on drive.

tried confused.com and found them next to useless get better quotes by going to each insurance companys web site.

In August Churchill charged me £196 for the TDi 75. Full protected NCD, single named driver, business use, estimated mileage 12000pa, overnight parking on drive, legal insurance. Mind you, I was switching, so I expect an almightly hike later this year.

Trowbridge, Wiltshire which apparently has one of the country's lowest crime rates - not that you would guess from the mindless acts of vandalism, especially to vehicles, reported in the local press each week.

I have just renewed my Policy, I was with Esure and they wanted £281, so did the usual shop around. It was a choice between the AA and Marks & Spencer.

Marks and Spencer won as they offered Breakdown cover (Recovery, Roadside and Home) with the RAC included, 30 days european cover, Legal assistance all for £ 220, Fully Comp with 1 Claim, 10000 pa, car is garaged.

Anybody looking to renew I would certainly give M & S a look.

Mine is £800 fully comp with me as first driver. bit cheaper than Norwich Union who quoted £1600 and Churchill who quoted £2500.

insurance quotes

I've just been invited to renew at £377, that's for me and 2 other named drivers, both my sons. Frizzells, aka Liverpool Victoria. Seems OK in the circumstances. Volvo insurance want a lot more to add my 2 sons to the Volvo V70 so they are not on it.

Back