insurance renewal who is the cheapest or best in your experience?

irfan a8

Hi guys i have approached my insurance renewal, last year paid£ 460 fully comp and now this year for now additional reason am being quoted £570
. i have heard that some a2 owners pay as little as £220 and usually £300 to £500. could you suggest who to ring or what company to get the best quote?

thanks in advance for your response

best

Irfan

Firstly enter your details onto a couple of price comparison websites.

People's quotes differ because of : 1) location, 2) age, 3) years of non-claims-discount, 4) Previous claims (even if the innocent party).

it is almost impossible to advise, as Mike says above everyone's situation is different. As an example last year I tried direct line who some people swear by, they were almost double Budget insurance who I ended up with.

I've just recently been doing the rounds of insurance quotes, not just on the A2, but also on my recently acquired TT.

I was amazed to find that in most cases, the TT was cheaper to insure! Yes, a brand new, £35k car in an insurance group 10 places higher than my A2 was going to be cheaper to insure than an 8 year old car!

I could only get the quote down to around the £390 mark (and then there'd be a bit of cash back with Quidco), whereas the TT was £370. However, I then came across RSA eChoice, which is an online only subsiduary of More Than.

Their quote for the A2 was £265 fully comp, plus there's £45 cash back to come from Quidco, making it £220 eventually. Needless to say, I snapped it up.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Mike

PS All quotes were fully comp, partnered male living on the outskirts of Manchester with 5 years NCB

thanks for the info guys , what is quidco? i never come across this before. i shall try echoice. many thanks

irfan

Ooo... this is news to me! Fancy starting a new thread for those who are curious, Mike? :)

Check out TTOC!

He's defected - if you attend ADI next year he'll be on their stand throwing quizzical glances our way. :)
Oops - sorry for the swerve.

Check out TTOC!

He's defected - if you attend ADI next year he'll be on their stand throwing quizzical glances our way. :)
Oops - sorry for the swerve.

Indeed. Apologies for the swerve.
I suppose now that Tank is complete, a new project was needed for the serial modder. Can anyone post a link to something relevant on the TTOC?

Tom

Hi Mike and others, you may want to have a look at this link:
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...V3Ga-J_oIGKR8XdMQ&sig2=rys1B5eHFN4gglMuvYGnKw

Regards
Mike

I've just recently been doing the rounds of insurance quotes, not just on the A2, but also on my recently acquired TT.

I was amazed to find that in most cases, the TT was cheaper to insure! Yes, a brand new, £35k car in an insurance group 10 places higher than my A2 was going to be cheaper to insure than an 8 year old car!

I could only get the quote down to around the £390 mark (and then there'd be a bit of cash back with Quidco), whereas the TT was £370. However, I then came across RSA eChoice, which is an online only subsiduary of More Than.

Their quote for the A2 was £265 fully comp, plus there's £45 cash back to come from Quidco, making it £220 eventually. Needless to say, I snapped it up.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Mike

PS All quotes were fully comp, partnered male living on the outskirts of Manchester with 5 years NCB

No such problems with my transaction with RSA eChoice - charged once and everything has been properly acknowledged with the appropriate receipts.

As to the TT thimg, take a look here:

http://www.ttforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=296948&p=2404386#p2404386

Very happy with the car so far - only slight issue is how far the doors open - makes parking spaces seem very tight!

Modding? Not really - yes, I've fitted cruise and yes I've installed a 2010 RNS-E and adapted the wiring for full voice control and yes, I've carbon wrapped the centre console, but that's about it. I might keep it at the end of the contract, I might not. I got it because I need an S-tronic because my left knee is shot now (steroid injections every 2 weeks at the moment), but at the end of the 3 year contract, the new A2 will be out, as will the Mk3 TT, so I might trade up to one of those.

Right, thread swerve over - back to insurance.

Cheers,

Mike

PS Quidco is one of these cash back on certain purchases sites.

PPS On the TT stand, throwing looks at A2s? Not me!

I dont think the EU directive applies yet in relation to women being positively discriminated for insurance, if not it may benefit you to add your missus to the policy if she's not already on it (or your sister or girlfriend etc) - I did this a few years ago and found it substantially lowered my premiums. Second specific advice is check out LV, they are consistently highly rated and this year increased my annual policy price by about 2.5%, low enough for me to not even bother looking for a better deal (and for the Merc estate they were much cheaper than others when i took out the policy two years ago). I have my new Porsche insured with Aviva however and they have a multi-car option, the Porsche costs me around 500 quid, when I added the A2 they increased the premium by £10/month..so £120 for the A2..hard to beat that.
Quidco is worth a look (I have it as my home screen on my browser) but be careful with the comparision sites, dont only use one, try a few as they can mislead.
Good luck!

Apart from the mentioned factors, mileage also makes a difference. I used to buy 10000 miles a year then switched to 5000 then to 3000 and that all made significant differences so it is not comparable.

Mike, well done on the TT! I had an ACL reconstruction (and cartilage smoothing) on my left knee last xmas. I needed an automatic with low seats to rest my left leg straight. The large doors are definitely not convenient and I have to put my children in the back seats too. But at least I get to use the extra wide parent/child spaces at the supermarkets :)

Mines up soon so just did a go compare cheapest is kwik fit £180 !! being 50 i tried saga £316 !! See what my renewal comes through at (AA at the moment)

New owner of a 1.4petrol se 2001 with open sky.9years ncd. Also in West Berks. £174.90 with RAC fully comp, £100 total excess incl protected NCD and legal cover. Better than my old A4 1.9TDI which was £235 with Post Office (BISL). :)

You are living in the wrong Manchester suburbs Mike. My renewal on the TT is £260 including business travel although it is a diesel. It will be interesting to see what the A2 comes in at next month. We had a no fault acident in July. Got the excess back yesterday. LV were absolutely brilliant. Can't fault them.

We're talking chalk and cheese here. If you wnt to move stuff use the A2. The seats feel really narrow in the A2 if you've been out and about in the TT;

Andy

Back