Intelligence

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading to a newer, lower mileage, diesel Audi A2. I have been given a bit of extra money.

I'm going to trade in my 02 petrol 1.4 SE for about £2400

Does anyone have any information on the following cars - I don't want to buy a car with some 'history' that I'll later regret ...

MF55EEG

or

YE54EFH

or

VA05HXH

or

VE54HLC

or

DN54CHZ

Cheers

Philip

A quick whizz thro the Audi used car website suggest that those are all cars on sale at Audi main dealerships. Ordinarily I would avoid dealerships, but when I bought my A2 I found many private sale cars to be not that great and overpriced, and to my surprise I got the best deal of the lot at Audi Newcastle.

I bought a 1.4 TDi, Special Edition, 58k miles, 54 plate, for £8,000 ... and that was a year ago before the financial melt down. Best of all it came with a full Audi warranty, which is well worth having. I rate the Special Edition as the pick of the crop by the way.

I'm sure all of those cars will be top notch, they would not be Audi approved otherwise, and with a full 1 year warranty you cannot buy better. However if you go in cash in hand, I guarantee that you will get a MUCH better price than the ones on offer. Sell your car privately (at that price you are bound to sell it) and use the current financial situation to your advantage, as every garage is busting to do a deal right now.

Best of luck

John H

cheers for the replys - my car has some 'issues' hence the low price. If anyone wants a project for £2400 then get in touch :)

Most of the dealers are playing hardball with me at the moment. I havent managed to get a sub £8000 deal for any of these cars today. I would have thought with end of month etc. I would have done better. I guess they are not yet caught up with reality.

Phil

Most of the dealers are playing hardball with me at the moment. I havent managed to get a sub £8000 deal for any of these cars today. I would have thought with end of month etc. I would have done better. I guess they are not yet caught up with reality.

Phil

I seem to recall reading that Audi were one of the very few franchises who are still doing quite well, hence why they are perhaps feeling bullish, but even so the trade is hurting really badly at the moment so I would persevere. Even so, £8k is not bad for any of these cars.

Go get 'em!

I would wait out, it is a buyers market right now! Regardless of how well Audi think they are doing, if you have the ready cash to spend surely the ball is in your court.

I'll second that.

If your going to a dealer as well, if it was me i'd be looking at extensions to any warranties offered and as much discount/freebies as I dare ask for.

Back