Interior colours....Again.

ScotAlan

Hi Guys,
I am trying to confirm the colour of the interior in my '03TDi 75. It has the "6PS" label on the rear cubby-hole, Which I believe is the "Soul Black".... But it still looks like a very dark grey to me!
It is not nearly as black as the interiors of the rest of the Audi fleet, and the carpets in particular are definitely a dark grey; NOT black!
Is this correct; should I have grey carpets in a black interior?

All opinions welcome!

ScotAlan

If you can Alan, send me a scan or photo of the vehicle data sticker which is on the inner cover of the service booklet - I can decode all the stuff from there, but it sounds like you have a black interior - my carpets are a very dark gray too.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi.
6PS is soul Black. You read this in the German forum as well and I know that also. And it is normal that it looks like verry dark gray but it is satin black (antrazit).

Greetz

Hi Guys,

I have looked at the other pics on the site, and am fairly convinced that it is black......... Just not as black as my other Audis! I was confused by the carpets 'cos they are definitely grey, But if others have that combination, then it is probably right.

Thanks for the help, and Skipton; I may take you up on your offer of decoding the label- I would like to know a bit more about what I have.

ScotAlan

Ahhh, think I know what you're talking about now - your reference to 'other Audis' is the give-away.

Early (pre-2001) cars have a satin black finish, as opposed to the more matt finish of the newer cars. They are both black, but the satin finish generally looks darker.

Once you see dark grey, you'll know the difference is clear, it's more of a mid-grey.

Send me the label scan anyway and I'll try to enlighten you!

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
Early (pre-2001) cars have a satin black finish, as opposed to the more matt finish of the newer cars. They are both black, but the satin finish generally looks darker.
Cheers,

Mike
This is exacly right.

Back