Interior light - door activation

steve@cromford

A2OC Donor
My interior lights won't activate when the front passenger door is opened. They work for all other doors.
How is the light activated? I know on old cars it was a basic spring-loaded plunger in the door reveal. I'm sure things have moved on since then....!
Doubtless this has been discussed before - I just cant find it.
Thanks
Steve M

Steve,
I had this problem with mine when I first got it, it turned out to be the microswitch module in the door. Does the cluster show the passenger door being open when it is?

Adam

Yup its happened to many many A2s. Sounds like the drivers door microswitch may be dodgy however this is only the case if your fuel and alarm buttons on the door dont work / dont light up. Are they working?

If they are working then its something to do with your lights. Do you know if the boot light works? if not then maybe a fuse. Think they might be in the same circuit as the aircon if you have it so if its working then its not the fuse either :)

Thanks guys
It would appear to be the microswitch.
Just checked, and when the door is open, it doesn't appear on the DIS display.
Hadn't noticed that it wasn't displaying.

micro switch maybe, most likely failed solder joints on the lock assy, reflow with leaded solder and check micro switch whilst the lock assy is out of the car

Back