Interior light red led glow leds

Pat J

Interior light red led glow leds/ambient lighting

When I had my A3 I upgraded the front interior light to one that had 2 small leds that lit the area around the gearstick.
I know you could get the led part separately but can't remember the part no.
Is there anything similar available for the A2 and what are the part no.

All help and advice appreciated.:cool:

Last edited:
The only A2 i have seen with those fitted is Skipton's. I have changed the map lights to red led and that looks good but obviously they are not illuminated all the time-only when the doors are open and on pressing the relevant switch.

Evening all,

Sorry to revive an old thread but this is something I’d like to have as I’ve recently removed the 2 LED module from an A3 whilst removing the auto dimming rear view mirror.

The part removed is this:

image.jpg

image.jpg

I looks to be identical to an ambient light retrofit available on eBay:

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDI-A2-8Z-Ambient-retrofit-package/302807672767

Has anyone fitted one of these, if so where did you attach it to. The wiring looks simple enough as I can take the correct feed from the white connector which goes to the red LED inside the OSS switch:

image.jpg

image.jpg

This really does look like an easy retrofit to continue my interior uplift. So far I’ve replaced the interior lights with LEDs and more recently fitted Double DIN Dashboard along with a Mk1 RNS-E.

Having the red glow around the gear stick at night would finish it off nicely.

I hope to get some feedback on where to fit the module and drill the 2 holes.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Hello 2work (Tom). I also purchased used red ambient light (from A4) Looking at this thread, i am interested if you were able to fit the lights, and how did you connect them. Hope to hear from you soon. Best regards, Andrej

Hello 2work (Tom). I also purchased used red ambient light (from A4) Looking at this thread, i am interested if you were able to fit the lights, and how did you connect them. Hope to hear from you soon. Best regards, Andrej
Hello there,

Yes I was able to modify the overhead map light switch pack to house the red LEDs Bo took the feed to supply them from a white connector, very simple to do.

Pretty sure I’ve still got the the very map light switch pack in the garage. I’ll have a look to provide pictures.

Edit, just seen the picture ms above. Quite sure I took the feed from the white connector with the black and brown wires coming from it. I’ll have a look in the garage to confirm though as this was completed some years ago. The results were fantastic with a nice red glow over the gearstick and on the trim panel below the ashtray.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thank you Tom. I dont have OSS, so no switch for it, what means i have a lot of space to place the new red ambient lights. Looking forward for picture. Cheers, Andrej

Thank you Tom. I dont have OSS, so no switch for it, what means i have a lot of space to place the new red ambient lights. Looking forward for picture. Cheers, Andrej
Hello again,

I’ll have a look at the wiring diagram as I’m not convinced that I did actually take the deed from the white connector as first thought. It was a few years ago now.

I’ll come back to you once I’ve armed myself with better information. The solution will of course be easy even if you don’t have OSS as the required feed is already there somewhere.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back