Interios panels rubbing off

Really didn't know what to call this thread but it seems like certain parts of the central console have had their colour rubbed off in my car.

This is especially a problem where the back cup holders would be (if you had any) as this bit gets kicked or rested on by the feet of my rear passengers. Is the colour of the central console sprayed on or something?

Anyway- I was wondering is anyone has had this problem or knows or a way to resolve. I have the light grey interior (which is a magnet for stains).!

Easiest way to resolve it is not to put feet or other objects on the trim!

Seriously though, the whole way that the 'soft'feel' plastics are made is by a coating process, which will rub off if you're not careful.

Cheers,

Mike

I have light grey too, but I'm doing just ok. My problem areas are the front main speakers cover where my foot keep kick it when getting in/out of the car. The front cup holder panel has sustained a certain amount of nail markings but they're replacable. The soft-touch coating of the inside of the driver side door handle has started to peel but it is not visible :)

As skipton has pointed out, best is not to rub them!

I have the same issue around the end of the centre console tunnel and weirdly on the rear seat 'release handles' by the headrests. All the previous owners doing I'm afraid :(

blistering trim

Ihave the same problem and i was wondering if anyone has tried going to the local franchise and asking for a replacement. yes i have two little girls but they are in no way wicked kicking things etc . You'd think that the trmm on the audi would stand up better than this appears to be doiing. This is also happening around the zone where the ley goes in. Alittle more understandable her but still unsatisfactory
Paul

hey driveforward, now that you've mentioned it, I have the same problem around the release handle.

Unfortunately I think this is a VAG wide problem. I've been a passenger in too many Skoda (even one with a DSG 'box!) and Passat taxi. They all suffer peeling on soft-touch plastic like door handles. Area where contact isn't common, the coated surface seemed fine.

As far as non-soft-touch parts in the A2 like the center console, rubbing against it will gradually make the surface pattern fade and becomes shinny. But these parts seem to be far more durable than the coated plastics.

Back