introduction and a question on ConcertII and Parrot CK 3100

august

Please allow me to introduce myself - I´m a newbie A2-owner from Germany (2005 1,6 FSI - delphingrau)

so - my first thread on the forum:

I just installed a Parrot CK 3100 handfree kit an connected it to a Concert II-radio. It all works fine so far with one exception:

Muting of the radio only works on the front speakers, the rear speakers remain loud. (I chose the #2 muting connector on the ISO-adapter) Anyone knows a solution?

august

Hi august, welcome to the A2oc

Weekends tend to be a quiet time for the UK Forums but hopefully you will get an answer in the next day or two.

Cheers Spike

Thank you spike for your welcom and reply -

in the meantime I was lucky to find a solution by myself - well with a little help out of the vast voids of the web -

(this sheet of paper appeared to be quite helpfull: http://home.arcor.de/rudolf.amann/audi/downloads/pinning-canbus-radios.pdf)

So it seems, AUDI is not relating to the ISO-Standard and doesn´t use one of the three muting-channels offered by Parrot. Instead they use their own channel, which is pin #1 in the D-connector - this connector isn´t used by Parrot at all.

Connecting this leads to perfect function including the "Phone"-message in the radio-display.

Hi august
Well done and thanks for passing on the info. It may come in useful for other Club members in the future.
Are you also a member of the German A2oc ?

Cheers Spike

Back