Iphone users OBD-II Hardware Interface

An iPhone 4 and this app would make a nice addition to a car without DIS, would have all the other benefits of an iPhone, and would surely cost less than having DIS retrofitted!?

Good idea but the location of our obd plug socket being near vertical and close to foot leg I would think the adaptor would not stay put for ver long.I was concerned that the plug for my scan gauge would not work very well but that has a 90deg bend in it so it's ok. Unless the socket can be moved?
Amazing what is coming out on smart phones I already dread what would happen if my iPhone/pod were to pack up! SAD I KNOW cheers mike

Good idea but the location of our obd plug socket being near vertical and close to foot leg I would think the adaptor would not stay put for ver long.I was concerned that the plug for my scan gauge would not work very well but that has a 90deg bend in it so it's ok. Unless the socket can be moved?
Amazing what is coming out on smart phones I already dread what would happen if my iPhone/pod were to pack up! SAD I KNOW cheers mike

Near vertical, mines not. Gotta be no more than 45 degs. Also the grip effect from the pin n clip would hold it in.
My gripe would be if your leg kept bashing it.
Thing is you can just get one of those PLX Kiwi things for £50
With this you would need a phone mount n charger - which i suppose most people do have, n put it in a place where one can see it whilst driving, so prob between A pillar and dash cover.
John

oh my bad i now see it has a clip to hold it in place--i was viewing on my iphone and hadn't loaded the alternate pictures.oh and yes it isn't vertical either so ill get my coat!!

Back