Ipod Adaptors

adam7157

Can some one tell me the main differences please between the audi ipod kit on the vag parts website and the densio please.Oh yes and i dont want any brackets or any thing i am just going tp put the lead straight into the ipod and and leave it in the space just under the ash tray.Thanks in advance.

The Dension kit is very good and comes highly recommended.

The Audi version (heresay tells that it is a bought-in Dension, rebadged and re-programmed to show the Audi logo on your iPod at start-up) is also very good too, as it is basically a Dension unit in drag!

Cheers,

Mike

best thing to do is belive it or not pop into halfords. we can fit a box behind the head unit that is iso and will have either a jack 4 ya ipod or u can get a holder all from about 50 upwards give us a shout if u needhelp

skipton as the one on vag parts site is only £74.99 and the dension being £99.99 what would you honestly go for bear in mind i do not want any brackets just the actual adaptor that goes into the ipod.Just one more thing can the audi one be controlled by the head unit and does one out way the other in terms of features at all.Just a stab in the dark but can you actually see the track listings on the head unit or is that a bit avanced.Thanks for the replies guys and:) cheers skipton.

I'd go for the Dension.

The reason is simple - you can get replacement leads for the Dension so that you can take the interface from car to car if you need to.

Also, you can get updated firmware more easily too.

Cheers,

Mike

I'm probably going for the Dension as well. But need a bit more help if anyone knows. I have the old Concert I with a 20pin mini-iso connector. Which dension lead is compatible? There is the 8pin and 20pin version. When dension takes over my CD changer connection, I still need to retain my other pins in the mini-iso connector for Bose. So I should buy a 20pin lead? Does the dension lead connects between the head unit and the cable from the car?

I have just bought the Audi one, £86 delivered from vagparts, if I sold the car would I take it out? Of course not, don't be silly, I'll sell with the car. If it goes wrong, I can go back to Audi. If my stereo goes wrong or I have a warranty claim, Audi can't use the Dension lead as an excuse not to repair or replace the stereo. Horses for courses I know, and we all recommend what we have just bought ourselves, but I say buy the Audi one. Oh and the Audi logo looks cool on start up rather than some shabby Dension logo. Oh and its cheaper too and comes with proper instructions. Oh and it will annoy everyone on here who has the Dension one, not because its better but because you've ignored their advice. Boo hoo. Plus I'd rather give the money to a firm who is supporting this club with discounts schemes etc.

I also have the 'wired' Dension one and it works a dream. Think it was £150 fitted from halfords. You have 2 choices with use, 1 thro the head unit controls, I think with playlists only, or thro the standard iPod controls via the clickwheel, where you can pick artists/video's etc.

Well worth it......saves having mountains of cd's / cassettes strewn all over your car :)

Good point about supporting VagParts, but everything else aside, the Dension is the better package, as they actually pioneered the device and write the code for it (and then vary it for 3rd parties such as Audi, so that custom logos appear!).

Horses for courses indeed!

Cheers,

Mike

Back