Chat Is it just me, or do cars look better when they're mucky?

It's just me then :)

Nope, you're not alone as I'm with you on this one. I've always felt it shows the vehicle has been used in a manner for which it is built - like a dog after a 10 mile walk covered in muck but happy as Larry.

One of these day's I'll post a photo of 'ol Hectors interior and I reckon the counselling would be fully booked for months!!

Andy B

Dirt on a car is unavoidable but I can't see how it makes it look better.

To me there is nothing nicer than a well maintained and well manicured A2 in spotless condition

But there is nothing wrong with a car with a bit of dirt on it but it doesn't look better to me.

Just my humble opinion.

Steve B

Steve,

I'd certainly agree with you regarding well maintained and I'd much rather see a well maintained and dirty car than vice-versa!

But as you say it's all a matter of opinion and the world would be an odd place if we all had the same opinions!

Andy B

I remember reading somewhere that an aesthetically perfect cars roof should be no higher than twice the wheel circumference. Bearing that in mind the edge of the tyres are highlighted by mud therefore making the wheels look bigger.

I agree with Steve though, a well detailed car is far more pleasing on the eye.

My interior is spotless. I detest clutter in my house, moreso in my car interior. The outside of the car, I'm not so particular about, don't get me wrong, I have the thing washed very few weeks. But a splash of mud here and there just looks right.

Like andybaggies said, it shows the thing's been driven. My car is in good condition, but cosmetically it is not perfect. And it is an old car by this country's standards. I think I'll keep the mud for a while, like a pretentious badge of honour.

Back