Is my A2 a 90ps?

Primea2

Hi guys, what are the common noticable things with a 90ps A2. Im not sure if I own a 90 or not. Brought my A2 secondhand with 28 on the clock. I think its an SE spec with a concert cd and speakers in the back, SE wheels, fogs sparewheel with compresser ect ect. Will it say in my handbook?> O and its an 03 plate with single wiper if that helps?
Cheers.
Greg

No, it will be a 75PSI, as I believe the 90PSI was not released until 2004, on 53 plate at the earliest.

FYI when you gave your registration number to the insurance company they would have been able to tell you the engine spec.

Primea2 said:
Is the 90ps noticabley cooler to drive?

I've had 90PS A2s for 3 full days (loans from the dealer) and I own a 75PS car. Based on that I'd say the difference is noticeable but not huge: they're both really slow.... compared with my RS4 ;-).

Seriously I've been pleasantly surprised with the performance of my A2. The mid-range torque of the Tdi, coupled with the low weight, makes it pretty usable in normal, relaxed, not constantly changing gears for max performance motoring.

Cheers, Richard.

Back