Is my hearing going?? Audi Warranty!!

EF MAX

Just asked at my local Reading Audi about the cost of 12mths warranty on a car that has done 37K [3yrs is nearly up] and been looked after since birth and they quoted me £623.00..

That is almost 3x my yearly insurance for the whole car!:confused:

I've been quoted various from £300 upto £700 but have decided to take the risk, after all insurance premiums are based on average risk + a profit for the underwriter and the person selling the insurance.

I have a warranty from Mondial and it cost me £300 for a year. All warranty work now carried out by my VW dealership as its a VW warranty. As I only have a 1.4 its a bit cheaper. Goes up the bigger the engine size. Everyone with a 1.4 should be Ok with this warranty. When it runs out I will be renewing it for sure. Too many unexpected problems owning an A2

I recieved a quote not dissimilar to yours, it did include recovery wow!!! so I take the cost of our RAC rescue & recovery off and get £520 for 12 months, surely the stealers are not paying anywhere like this, is it a refection on the true reliability of the product or the extremely high labour rates at these stealers?
crb1011, how did you get your Mondial warranty? I have checked out their web site and cannot fiind anything, the quote I had came from them via a request from my stealer I would expect, either that or Audi are dishing out our addresses!!!

Last night my ex-neighbour and I had a chat.. he has a newish Jag.. by chance his warranty is up and they sent him some details... £950 - £1650 was the range of options on his car.. Now this I can understand,, bigger car, much bigger engine etc and cost more than twice that of mine,, it did make for an interesting conversation..:)

TDIMAN,
my warranty came from VAG so I took the offer up. The cost will depend on the engine size. Mine is 1.4 so its the lowest cost £299 the bigger the engine the higher the cost

I think I will be paying the stealer a visit on Saturday, and while I am there I'll raise the matter of my knocking roll bar AGAIN, supposedly repaired in August and failed again already!!! GRRRRRR

I have just been told that and extended warranty from Audi would be £695 for 12 months! A sales guy once told my friend who used to have a TT (just swopped it for a Boxster!), not to bother as you would have to have quite a few major repairs every year to make it up to this cost!

Yes I agree an extended warranty from Audi is £695 but that is for any size engine. I have a VW warranty from Mondial not an Audi one. Maybe I was just lucky to have bought my A2 from a VW dealership which put the VW warranty on it when I bought it and it just now carries on being covered from VW who knows

Just found the website this evening - hello to you all!

I have just received a letter from Mondial offering 12 months cover on my wifes 3 year old 36k 1.4TDi for £600+. We are not taking them up at that price - we will run the risk of things going wrong instead although so far over the last 33 months, our oldest A2 has been totally reliable.

Thats strange maybe its because you have an Audi warranty which is about to exspire and mine was a VW warranty wont know until july what the renewal price will be

Back