Is My wiper sitting in the right place??

A2SPORT

Hey all

Just fitted a new style wiper arm to my 2002 A2 and cant seem to find any pictures to compare the position,

so heres a picture.....

The thing to check is how far across it goes when it wipes the screen. It should go almost vertical about 2cm from the pillar. There isnt much finesse in the adjustment so just experiment.

Looks a little high to me Alam - the manual suggests the correct distance from the tip of the wiper to the black plastic cowl should be 22-27mm.

However, if you're happy with the sweep and it's not catching on anything, then leave it!

Cheers,

Mike

After i replaced my old wiper arm with the new floppy-friendly-type, i noticed it has a shorter swing radius. It now sits just a bit higher on the lower part of the screen than the old one did.
I've also noticed that one of my washer jet hits the arm now, even though it's centered to spray on the middle of the screen.

I'd agree and say it was a little high, I think is should rest in the black area just before the window, that's what I have seen others doing anyway.

picture.php

Last edited:
Hey all

Thanks to all for the heads up, looks like am gonna go in to the basement again to get the ratchet set out, hope it doesn't rain.:eek:

Cheers,

A2sport

Recently changed to the new aero wiper and arm myself, and also found that if set to sweep to within 2 cm of the A post, the arm then parks a little higher than with the old arm.
There is a setting for the wiper motor too and the dimension posted by Mike is correct - however, this is now a project for me when i replace the windscreen and washer jets.
Cannot help notice that the new blade "flutters" a little on the motorway though, so it must be a little high? :confused:

Back