Is this serious?

02Paul

A2OC Donor
Hi Everyone.

I've had an intermittent starting problem for about a year now which occasionally threw up the check engine and EPC symbols. This was ok to live with, but just recently, an occasional misfire has appeared when under load at approx 2,100rpm. Nothing major, but obviously not right! After borrowing a freinds OBD-II code reader, I obtained the following codes.

(The descriptions are from a web site for the OBD-II).

73175 P1158 / 17566 Manifold Abs.Pressure Sensor Circ. Range/Performance VAG-Audi-VW-Skoda

73189 P1178 / 17586 Linear O2 sensor / Pump Current Open Circuit VAG-Audi-VW-Skoda

73194 P1183 / 17591 Linear O2 sensor / Reference Voltage Short to B+ VAG-Audi-VW-Skoda

73202 P1196 / 17604 O2 Sensor Heater Circ.,Bank1-Sensor1 Electrical Malfunction

Is it obvious to anyone who knows these codes what is wrong, or is it more complex than that?

I'm currently on shift work, so will reply ASAP.

Regards,

Paul.

Bit of a guess here but those errors seem to relate to the o2 lambda sensors on either side of the cat on the exhaust system

i would check the wires to these as a start as it is not uncommon for the cables to get damaged by debrise on the road or broken wire/connector

Hi and thanks for that.

Today, the A2 went to TTS Roadsport in Bedford and the lambda sensors were picked up again. I will take your advice and check them before any further action.

Regards,

Paul.

Back