"Its best to have the bulb changed by a qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.

mw

.....mechanic" says the owners manual

Well, now I do really have an inferiority complex.

Any thoughts on how to do it oneself for the headlamp bulbs.

Step one: remove loom plug
step two: swing spring clip clear of back shell lid
step three; remove backlid....Ah but what is holding it at the outside edge?

Any more knowledgeable owner who has got beyond this stage, what bit that is out of sight tucked up near the wing do I push/pull/tug/yank/twist?

I mean really- what is the world coming to?

mw

I'm still trying to find the bonnet release catch?. Where is it?. And when I do raise it, is it on gas struts or do I have a little bit of wire to hold it up?.

Darn these ingenious German technicial designers!.

People laugh at me when I tell them I have a little flap!. I ask you....

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

jd - just how many people of this ilk does it take to change a lightbulb/share the experience?

MW – I think you must have a minimum of 4 people. A technical advisor is a necessity – ideally someone Tesco trained. Secondly a stress councillor with experience in child abuse is essential towards reducing any acts of violence, and they can also serve towards holding screws, or a box. Thirdly you need a Hungarian, when apparently it is only they who have any knowledge of how an Audi is best put together. Finally you need a project coordinator, or someone like your goodself who is able to make the tea and coffee.

Of course by doing it yourself you will miss out on the “customer care” offered by the authorised Audi dealer – although you could get around this by purchasing a packet of biscuits.

Regards
John Disdale

quote:Originally posted by runboy

I'm still trying to find the bonnet release catch?. Where is it?. And when I do raise it, is it on gas struts or do I have a little bit of wire to hold it up?.

Darn these ingenious German technicial designers!.

People laugh at me when I tell them I have a little flap!. I ask you....

LOL gas struts, wire to hold it up, what kinda high tech wizardry you on about m8, the bonnet just lifts off, u twist the 2 grey cap looking things theres one on either side inside the little flap thingy. once u twist em the bonnet just lifts off, not too enginious there lol :D

Audi A2 1.4SE 2001, Brilliant Silver, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 (rubbish) stereo, 2 extra 13" 190watt speakers (plus the standard 8 from audi).

The local Tesco bouncer/doorman has proved most adept at easing lids off the larger jars of (Hungarian?) pickled beetroot. He might be just the man.
Round here in Wales local experience of abuse may be more to do with sheep, but such a person could hold the bonnet, at least until I finish carpeting the garage floor.
Knowledge of assembly is not the same as dis-assembly. Some parts are just not made to be dis-assembled (why should they if they are designed never to go wrong?).
Dispensing tea is clearly a mugs game - for which notice of free owners mugs (see below) might be more than appropriate.

mw

errrmm[xx(] yeah....coool...really....woah!![xx(]

Audi A2 1.4SE 2001, Brilliant Silver, Rear electric windows and Panasonic MR555 (rubbish) stereo, 2 extra 13" 190watt speakers (plus the standard 8 from audi).

When my A2 was in at the dealer one day and I was being shown around the engine to see if we could identify some noise or other, the technician went to great lengths to assure me my bonnet was safe and sound on a soft rug....he laboured the point....suppose it was one thing the dealer actually got right though.

Steve – The other benefit of a soft rug is that if you already own a picnic set and a primus stove then when you go to the dealers to collect your car you are properly equipped for when being told to wait for a minute. Actually I do not understand why they do not have bunk beds in the reception areas, but perhaps the idea was frowned upon by Audi because pine timber would not match most showroom interiors.

I do worry when I'm asked if I want a coffee, they bring me a Thermos full......

Alternatively there is always the "Take a punter home" scheme, where if the dealer can not offer a courtesy car a member of staff will take you home, feed you, show you to their guest room and after a good nights kip (and a story read from an A8 brochure) they will bring you back to collect your car.

Runboy

Put your bonnet on a soft rug??? What's this shoddy treatment? Soft rugs are only good for safe xxx. My dealer (Vanderhaeghen, Belgium) uses a made-to-measure padded protective cover with specially designed reinforced corners, naturally finished in silver with the Audi logo. Next time tell your dealer your bonnet needs real protection...

JD
Bunk beds at the dealers are a great idea, but a few display shelves from the local branch of Tesco's might be more in keeping with an Audi showroom - made from metal, austere design, red lettering on labels etc....

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

Chivers - ah, another example of poor service from my dealer. I'm getting used to it these days. Maybe they will wrap me up in the soft rug next time and I'll never be seen again.

Of course, the rug could have been a quilt from the above mentioned bunks....ah!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back