Chat I've just seen 14 A2's in one place....(15 including mine)

Hooley

A2OC Donor
I'm pretty sure there are no finer sights to give you confidence than what greeted my Father-in-law and myself when I pulled in to the car park to have Tony wave his magic wand (well...magic laptop) over the 'family' A2

My esteemed relative is an engineer and very 'old school' (definitely not 'old skool') as he is a serial owner of several Porsches (one with 200k on the clock) and has just rebuilt a Triumph TR4a from bare shell upwards. He's also not immune to track action, and knows which end of a spanner to wield. He is in the process of buying my A2 TDi and wanted to meet and greet someone with whom he can entrust the onward care of the A2 (with a cam belt change imminent). Who could be better than Hotstuff and A2Cars in Milton Keynes?

20 mins after arrival Tony had sorted the CCU and key issue and now the soon-to-be new owners were over the moon. There were several comments about the visit afterwards, which were very gracious to our host about how professional he was once my F-in-L had inserted the babel-fish (one for the kids...). So it looks like the A2 will be run for the next decade in the family.

Another interesting family comment was that the fuel economy was already being measured, and only one tank in the car was at 44mpg - lots of cold weather and short trips in town. What's interesting is that these little cars instil this desire to extract maximum economy on people who have petrol in their veins and usually talk about adjusting your line with the throttle.....amusing.

Anyway, a big thanks to Tony, interesting to see all flavours of A2's there, big (budget) and small. See you early next year for some work on my TT (if you're not already booked up).

Cheers
J

Nice post Jason!
I took a picture of the 14 A2s outside A2Cars when I was there the other week...

Back