Just been remapped :D

Marco77

Well got up early this morning, picked up my Brother in law and went to Drivers in Glasgow City Centre stopping off at audi to get a new wiper blade that was really needed.

Car was in at 10am told the guy in the shop neil we would be back in 30 mins or so , he told us no problem.

after a nice Meatball mariner subway :p headed back and the car was still sitting there when we got inside neil said that was it ready no more than half an hour and 110bhp was at my tap.

if someone is thinking about it dont just do it as its well worth it, 2nd gear it pulls like a little steam train also 60mph in 5th gear then floor it it powers upto 80mph extremely quickly i was soo suprised.:eek:

total cost was £398 Revo'd

they also do 5 hour free trials so why not go for that first.

Snap - I got remaped at Stealth today!

Great chaps there - they flashed the info across and then did 3 runs on the dyno to get the best torque curve. The result is 111 bhp and 206lb ft torque.

The main difference is the smoothness of the power delivery. The torque is now delivered over a longer period before dropping off. It's very very nice to drive now.

If anyone is thinking about getting a 90 chipped then do it. The change in the way the car delivers power is so so much better.

Price... £264!

Gexx i take it yours was a 90bhp

pretty much the same bhp figures but your torque figures are higher, as mine are only 182 lbs.

But i notice a big difference in 5th gear it jst keeps pulling.

Havank said:
For me its just getting the time to get up there :mad:

Well I know Star Performance will do you a generic map by post, you obviously wont get the best for your exact car, but they are good guys and in this way it saves you any tip at all.

Ok so I have had the chip a couple of days now. As I have said before the overriding diference is in the smoothness - both of acceleration, but also changing down the box.

I'm finding the car even more relaxing to drive than I did before, and that there is always power when I want it - rather than having a small sweet spot of torque that there was before.

I cannot emphasise enough just HOW MUCH BETTER the car is to drive now. In fact I wish I had chipped the car earlier! To all those thinking about it please, please, please beg borrow or steal a drive of a chipped car and you will see the difference!

If stealth can keep the price down for another month or so, then i am up for the remap.

I will be looking forward to the drive home from stealth! :D

Just done a quick check to see how far stealth are from me.

Total distance: 63.14 miles

Total estimated time: 1 h 49 min

Not too far away :)

manhattan$ said:
If stealth can keep the price down for another month or so, then i am up for the remap.

I will be looking forward to the drive home from stealth! :D

I have twisted vinces arm:eek: and he will keep the offer open till the end of may for all of you so get in QUICK !!!! :cool:

Cheers
Robin :p

So for all of you who have been remapped, chipped etc what was the increase cost in the vehicle insurance???????????????????

Back