K&N filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to see this install Lukas.
I always used K&N filters on my bikes and they helped prformance as well as consumption.
Seeing as my car is only 8 months old, I'll probably hold off for a while yet.

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp) and all round tinting.(The NEW Tank)

Would love to see the install Lukas.

I always used K&N filters on my bikes, which improved performance as well as consumption, but as my car is only 8 months old, I'll probably hold off for a while yet.

WAS : A2 TDI SE 2001 Ebony Black Pearl (The Little Tank!)
NOW : A2 TDi 90 Sport, OpenSky, winter pack, ISOfix, fogs, climate control, all-round electric windows, Blaupunkt DAB54, genuine HID xenons and red leather! Not to mention CCC Tech chipping (118bhp) and all round tinting.(The NEW Tank)

Has it improved performance as well ?

hull.gif

tactile2.gif

http://www.ttoc.co.uk/
2003 Audi A2 1.6 FSI Sport
2004 Audi TT 1.8 Quattro

Can i see some picture's as am looking at air filter and chip tuning the car

Where did you or can you purchase these filters as mine is due for a change and wouldn't mind fitting something better at the same time..

K&N life time air filter direct replacement e-2658 around £40 most tuning shops remember once you have bought it you never needed to buy agian all you do is give it a clean with k&n's air filter cleaner
my cars now got K&N and upsolute chip change(via a fiend in a scrap yard) and 25mm drop via spax springs and now kicks out a helthly 90 bhp for just £120 outlay
2000 A2 1.4 silver

quote:Originally posted by andy_olive

25mm drop via spax springs
How does your handle now with Spax Springs.

I went for a set of Bembo Motorsports springs and I think on reflection that they have stiffen the car up too much. I am now changing the shocks. I put Koni adjustables on the rear last year and will be doing the front ones soon. Maybe at their softest settings things might get better.

It handle's very well feels about a stiff as normal but gets round the track beter than before 2.01.52 now 1.48.32 so must be going better some where will be changing to koni's soon so i will see if they help.

Your to late Ecoangel been there done that now all part fitted and working

id be very interested to see the pics !
please show or email me
cheers

andy

1.4TDI SE, DIS ,Leather ,CD ,ipod ,Climate ,Road Angel ,Tom Tom Go.

Got my K&N today.

I've had the bonnet off and had a quick peep but can't see the filter housing. Is it underneath the engine?

Any chance of posting those pictures or emailing them to me?

Do I need to remove the bottom 'tray'?

Chris

A2 1.4TDI SE - 108 BHP - Pine Green Pearlescent|Climate| Front Centre Armrest|6 x CD
A2 1.4TDI SE - 90 BHP - Aluminium Silver|Climate|Front Centre Armrest|OpenSky|CD Player|CoPilot|4 x Airbags

Hi Chris

I recently changed the (standard) air filter and yes - you do need to remove the bottom tray. The filter housing is on the drivers side front corner - a circular cutout on the edge of the bumper providing access for removal of the element. The filter is quite long and needs to be extracted vertically so it makes life a lot easier to remove and replace it if you do the job over a pit or jack up the car.

Regards Spike

Thanks a lot Spike.

I don't have a pit myself but do have access to one if I ask nicely[8D]
I've got a set of ramps so I'll try those first in the morning.

Will let you know how easy it was (or wasn't :()

Chris

A2 1.4TDI SE - 108 BHP - Pine Green Pearlescent|Climate| Front Centre Armrest|6 x CD
A2 1.4TDI SE - 90 BHP - Aluminium Silver|Climate|Front Centre Armrest|OpenSky|CD Player|CoPilot|4 x Airbags

Thanks again, Spike.

Was quite easy and only took around 15 to 20 mins to do. :)

Chris

Hi Chris

Good to hear the job went well. Will be interested to see if you note any improvement in performance and / or fuel consumption with the K & N filter

Regards Spike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back