Key Fob / Alarm Immobiliser Issue?

Ballacraine

Hi Folks,

Sorry to be the one to only turn up when I have problems, but I am sure I am not alone there.

I'm running a '04 1.4 TDi 90 ,which I have had for seven years or so. It has 108,000miles on it.

It has a few age related problems, but has been running well up until a couple of weeks ago, when it started the old turbo cut out routine, which is known territory.

The last time it was serviced a couple of months ago, 4 spurious alarm faults were found.

Door Contact Switch on 2 doors.
Terminal 15
Glass Breakage Sensor.

All were reset at the time.

A dipped beam bulb blew early last week.
Everything was working fine after a new bulb was fitted later in the week.

The following day the car would not to respond to either key fob. The car battery is healthy.
Thinking it might be a keyfob battery issue I replaced both but with no change to the symptoms.

If I open the driver door with the key, I can start the engine, but the car seems to think it is being stolen.
Dash & hazards are flashing furiously.

Can any kind soul please give guidance as to how to stop my poor car sulking?

Many thanks.

Nige. :(

Open the door with the key, quickly turn on the ignition and with that switched on press the unlock button a few times and the lock button a few times. That should recode the key to the car.

This is worth a try because it is easy and free!!!

Steve B

Certainly worth a try.

Many thanks for that, Steve.

I'll let you know if it works in a while.

Cheers,

Nige.

Edit:

Well it might have worked.
Not enough kick in the car battery now to start it, so car battery on charge & go around again, I suppose.

Nige :/

Last edited:
Look on you tube as there is a guide to setting the keys
Audi wanted £60! I did it in 20 seconds for free!

Fully charged battery back in & that seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks for the helpful suggestions & support.

Much appreciated.

Best regards.

Nige. :cool:

Back