Chat Key Fob and Immobiliser Problem

2work

Well Known Member
United-Kingdom
Good evening all,

After wanting to revive the look and feel of my 1 and only central locking key fob I purchased a new shell from a well known auction site. It arrived whilst I was at work today and have just finished putting it back together.

I have read the threads about how fragile the immobiliser chip is so was very careful, although I still managed to break the glass tube and the key will no longer start the car. Also the remote central locking no longer works.

Fortunately I can still use my A2 as I do have a spare key, not of the remote key fob type though.

I know I'll need to get get the CCCU number to work out what replacement fob I'll need, might as well get 2 I guess. Is there anyone near Lincoln (just after office hours) or Leicester (PM and weekends) who could help out with programming the immobiliser chip and remote fob.

I'm currently unable to attend any of the socials where I'm sure my predicament would be resolved.

Many many thanks for reading and please let me know if you're able to assist.

Kind regards,

Tom

So here is a picture of the CCCU (I hope) under the passenger floor plate. Very interested if someone can help programming the keys when I identify which key fobs to order.

Many thanks,

Tom

The picture failed to upload from my iPhone (not using tapatalk).

The number is 8Z0 959 433 AF. Can someone confirm what key fobs I require. If anyone has a link to an auction site listing for the correct fobs with the immobiliser chip that would be great.

Thanks,

Tom

Still running with the Q unit, but have made preparations for "when", having acquired an AF unit, my understanding is you will require the following.

AF CCCU is 8Z0 837 231 D. The D on the end is essential.

Hang fire for confirmation on this.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Did you know that because you have the AF CCCU you can actually use the more modern Audi key?

You need to get the correct part number. But it will be as easy to code the more modern one as it is to code your current shaped key.

Just a thought.

Steve B

If you do want to use a new shape key it must be the exact part number.
8E0 837 220 K

you should find a few on EBay but I bought one or two duds (just unlucky) before I got hold of a working one.

Steve B

Steve,

Thank you very much for the advice, while I'm getting new key fobs coded why not upgrade to a newer style. There doesn't seem to be any UK based sellers. Id happily accept any advice on which non UK seller you used to hopefully limit the buying of dud fobs.

Do you know of anyone local to me who could help programme the remote locking and immobiliser chips to my car.

I'm starting to think I may have to accept a day out of Leicestershire to get this resolved without Dealers prices.

Kindest regards,

Tom

Thank you very much for the advice Tom. I'll look into A2 Cars if I'm unable to find assistance any closer to home.

Thanks again,

Tom

Steve,

Thank you very much for the advice, while I'm getting new key fobs coded why not upgrade to a newer style. There doesn't seem to be any UK based sellers. Id happily accept any advice on which non UK seller you used to hopefully limit the buying of dud fobs.

Do you know of anyone local to me who could help programme the remote locking and immobiliser chips to my car.

I'm starting to think I may have to accept a day out of Leicestershire to get this resolved without Dealers prices.

Kindest regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

I only tried independent sellers. So I don't have anyone to suggest or avoid.

I wish I was a bit closer or could meet you at a social. It really is a 15 minute job.

Steve B

Hi Steve,

Can you confirm its a 15 minute job to programme both the new remotes and both the new immobiliser chips to the car. If you're able to do this at your home I'll switch to PM and look to set a date once I have the new fobs in my possession (I'll go for the new style, why not!).

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Steve,

Can you confirm its a 15 minute job to programme both the new remotes and both the new immobiliser chips to the car. If you're able to do this at your home I'll switch to PM and look to set a date once I have the new fobs in my possession (I'll go for the new style, why not!).

Kind regards,

Tom
Yes but 30 minutes is best to guess especially for two.

If you have the right fobs for that CCCU ( important) and if you have had the blades cut and fitted (not long to fit them if you haven't.)

I might have a couple of immobiliser chips here too. Let me know and I will check.

It would save time if you remove the little glass immobiliser chip before you get here but I can do that too if you feel unsure. If the keys are new they may come with new chips anyway so you might not need to remove anything.

Steve B

Back