keyfob + alarm

yatz

Hi All,

Keyfob has just suddenly stopped working altogether !! I have put two different (brand new) batteries, re-syncd and nothing, still does not operate the central locking. Key in the door works and I have the anti-hijack feature activated which locks the door at 10mph. I haven't got access to the spare key at the moment so can't test it with that.

Alarm seems to go off when I get into the car, stops beeping when I turn the ignition on, but hazards keep flashing for 10-15 secs.

Will be popping into Wimbledon Audi tomorrow, anyone had any experience with them before, whats their customer service like?

Yatz

How did you resynch your key? Did you start the engine, turn it off, lock and unlock drivers door and then press the locking button on the remote to resynch?

Hi Yatz
Skipton posted this procedure a while ago - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=26896&postcount=2
Pity you don't have the spare key handy as this would eliminate the possibility of a duff key fob.
Worst case, the central convenience unit is faulty. If this turns out to be the problem and you don't want to pay Audi prices for a replacement (I'd guess £250 - £300) Lau from the German A2oc can probably repair your old unit - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showpost.php?p=102200&postcount=16

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
I could not get my keys to resynch unless I lock and unlock my doors manually and then press the button on the remote fob.

Hi All, thanks for the replies

- I manually unlock the door using the blade
- start the car (let it run for a few seconds)
- pull the key out of the ignition and immediately press the unlock button on the key.

I will try your method WNGL at lunchtime today.

Yatin

Tried locking and unlocking the door during the sync process but to no avail, keyfob still doesn't operate the central locking.

I went to Wimbledon Audi and they need the car to be booked in, but wont provide a courtesy car or drop me back to work !! I told them about the door cracking issue and presented them with the info from this forum. The lady who works with the bodyshop said it has to be authorised by their warranty team via Audi UK (will take upto 2 weeks). She took some photos of the cracks (both driver and passenger doors) and her first reaction was "Is that it?" Does not look like she seems to bothered by it at this stage, we will have to wait and see !!

Yatin

Just tell her a small crack can lead to a bigger crack, or would she preffer to wait then end up with a bigger warranty bill like mine did, as the front door ended up moving and rubbing on the front wing (Audi Grimsby) took them just short of a year to sort out

Cheers Phil

Tried locking and unlocking the door during the sync process but to no avail, keyfob still doesn't operate the central locking.

Yatin

If you can try this again, but press the lock button on the fob instead of the unlock button. Remember, only the first press counts, so if you want to repeat the synch, you will have to repeat the whole process.

Went on a long motorway drive and the key began to work again then stopped working after a couple of hours !! The spare key works fine, it must be an issue with the keyfob !!

Back