koni fsd (fitting to rear axles).

pamanal21

A2OC Donor
Me again folks!,
(problem), Just taken A2 in to have the KONI's fitted by my mechanic,skilled indepen'dent, fitted front two no problems! now to the rears: he did'nt fit these as it looks like the whole boot + wheel arch linings need to be removed? just to get at top thefittings of same, also have 6 cd unit in offside arch (who's clever design was this!!) anyway I now need to find out how to go about removing this lot and in what sequence of order etc.
I do have ELSAWIN which I find as useful as "rubber saw blade" another load of crap program design, Albert Einstein would have had problems with this! I spent 3/4 hour just trying to gain entry to INFO (given up trying anymore) someone out there Please do a book version that normal people can use/read, Iwould gladly pay for same! Im not a GENIUS but can do most things with the right Info.
To my mind all this problem could have been avoided with a little forthought by AUDI just needed small removable bung design on top of each wheel arch, remove bung gain access to bolts etc job done (I wish!) any help would be greatly appre'ciated! so over to you friends thanks again,Alan.
P/S my car is 1.4 petrol 2001 reg/ love it to bits really but just sometimes words fail me,ARRRRRRHH.

Hi Pamanal21

you don't have to take the boot out or the wheel arch linings.
you do the job from under the wheal arch
where the shock goes in to the plastic at the top prise apart and there is two nut's their undo and the shock will fall out simple when you know how

cheers
Robin

Hi Pamanal121
Robin has explained how to access the shock absorber top mounting bolts but if you want to look it up on eldsawin, this is the sequence to find the section on the rear shocks in the 'workshop manual' bit

Overview
Running gear
FWD running gear
42 rear suspension
Servicing rear axle
Removing and installing shock absorber/spring

As you say, its definitely not user friendly but eventually you get used to searching for stuff - and its all there

Cheers Spike

Yes - like Robin says - this really is not too bad a job - took my mechanic just over an hour or so each side to fit my Sachs rear dampers.

Mike

THanks for the INFO.

HI to; robin, spike, mike, just like to "thank you" for your input to my problem with KONI,s my blood pressure is falling rapidly,have re -booked car in to get them fitted, I do have to wait till next thursday, will file report in near future as to how the KONI,s perform (fingers crossed), Alan.

Back