Koni FSD's - any good deals out there?

FlyingScot

My suspension has had it! Time to sort it out before I go bouncing off in to the scenery ;)

I've decided to fit the Koni FSD's as they seem pretty popular on here and I'm not looking for anything too firm.

I've found them on Ebay for £445 plus £10 postage, just wondered if anyone has noticed any good deals to be had elsewhere?
Would be happy to buy new springs as part of a deal.

Thanks

I'll change the springs and top mounts, then check out all the bushes, bearings, drop links etc. and see how they look.
Going to fit new drums/shoes and discs/pads too. Quite fancy the Tarox discs.

I'll change the springs and top mounts, then check out all the bushes, bearings, drop links etc. and see how they look.
Going to fit new drums/shoes and discs/pads too. Quite fancy the Tarox discs.

Tar-Ox, that's a name I've not heard for a few years, they still around? You fitting drilled/grooved ones or just standard?

As for price, and if it helps - we paid £600 inc VAT for our KW V1's which have totally transformed the car.

Thanks for the price info, worth considering.
What are they like though? My A2 is really just cheap transport for work although I have to say the little car is growing on me all the time. I'm only looking to make the car safe and handle properly, don't want it too low or too hard.

As for the discs, they're still around, I fancy the G88's http://en.tarox.com/products/brake-disc-g88.html

Cheers.

Yeah, it's firm, I'm not going to lie - but in fairness I've found it still more comfortable than a lot of other standard cars (namely, my mum's Fabia VRS). The biggest change of comfort was fitting 17's; the change from standard suspension to coilovers hardly made any difference, although clearly it will depend on a huge number of other factors. I have no experience with the FSD's so wouldn't want to compare the handling/comfort with them, but for a little more outlay you get more flexibility and new springs.

G88's, yeah, they're cool. Grooved discs on a daily though? You running nitrous in there or something? :p

G88's, yeah, they're cool. Grooved discs on a daily though? You running nitrous in there or something? :p

I'm always warping discs, both on the cars and bikes, guess I'm a bit heavy on them at times.
I've found that 'wave' discs on the bikes appears to stop the problem so I'm putting decent discs on the Audi to try them. My SLK needs a set so I'll try the cheaper A2 option first.

Back