koni fsd's finally fitted

a2sumo

A2OC Donor
Hi all i had my koni fsd's and weitec springs fitted today---well3/4 fitted as the rear springs are the wrong ones(better than the other way around!).picked it up tonight and even hoping from my wifes car straight into the a2 it felt great. pitching under braking has gone/crashing over man holes has gone/comfort has gone up(feels like i have my old 16's back on)BUT THE BEST BIT drive it sportingly and it just grips and stays flat. it changes direction now so good.worth every penny. i changed everything all bump stops(cut down 20mm all round) rear spring perches,front top mounts and bearings, dust covers front and back.so shouldn't give any trouble for a while!

I must say the front doesn't look as low as i had hoped for but that will settle a few mm. i have taken some before and after pictures and will upload them at some time.this will also show the difference the rear springs make when they get here!!!
have fun people mike

goody!
have mine booked in at awsome as soon as they get stock in!
Free tea for Sarah if she can hurry thing up!

hi all just an update
i have just got back from having the rear weitec springs and new perches fitted.must say i know it is well documented on here but i now have a "sitting dog".the rear is lower than the front- not a great deal but it is. I'm sure it will settle a bit over the next few months.(remember fsi engine is lighter than a tdi)
BUT ON THE PLUS SIDE it now handles so good! not sure my wife will like the hard ride!! the ride with standard rear springs was still quite floaty on the back(image in rear view mirror was rising and falling a fair bit) now it just stays nice and tight!!
i really will upload some pics soon so you can see the difference with just the front done and then all done. would i recommend them??? oh yes but i really recommend you go for the front and rear spring option though. cheers mike

21 months down and the "squatting dog" stance remains Mike. I'm not too sure whether it has ever "settled" to any noticeable degree either.

Despite the appearance, (which isn't "in your face" by any means); I don't regret the Weitec -30 treatment all round one bit.

Cheers,

Darren

The "dog having a dump" effect is precisely why I installed A2 Sport springs at the back this week instead of the Weitec 30mm rears. Easily fixed!
FSDs makes such a difference to the car though - makes you wonder if Audi had bothered to fit the right dampers from the factory whether it might have sold better...

Hi all i had my koni fsd's and weitec springs fitted today. i changed everything all bump stops(cut down 20mm all round) rear spring perches,front top mounts and bearings, dust covers front and back.so shouldn't give any trouble for a while!

I did exactly the same Mike, all bar replacing the rear dust covers and chopping the rear bump stops down. Although there is still a minor hint of squatting dog, it is much less than previously on the standard sport suspension, and the overall ride, handling and appearance is better. Replacing the topmounts and bearings also resolved my 'clunking and banging' :)

Yeah, it is quite obvious but not too bad. The ratio of front/rear height appears to be similar to when I first got it, even though mine is a lighter petrol engine.

But after a few years (i believe i have the oldest fitted FSD on an A2 in UK) i think mine has settled a little and is not as pronounced. I may take a photo for comparison.

I've now got Weitecs at the front and the Audi A2 Sport springs at the back - seems to be the perfect spring solution for the FSDs. The Audi springs weren't that expensive.

cheers humps lets hope as i rack up the miles it drops slightly.i compared it to a2bluesports 1.6fsi sport at the weekend and his is stock sport spec and his probably squatted the same as mine does now. i really like it now but i may look into raising the rear 10mm or dropping the front---i have some plans!! as a side thought whilst at the Audi's in the park show i noticed robins a2 was running the same size tyres but a different brand. the upshot of this was his had more sidewall so filled the arch more.i run enduro 215/40/17 and i think he is running federals but in the same size.if you look at the pictures of our cars at the show you can see the differences. this filling of the arches helps fool the eye of the squatting-IMO mike

Back