Last couple of things to make her perfect

S2Dicky

Well fingers crossed I have her running a treat at the moment and she is going great.

Last couple of bits I need to sort, I found that the brake pad wear light came on so investigated and found this

81298f9c4019c9bca392787157eb3b1d.jpg

They have also cut the wires off the pads!

So I will replace the pads, which is a shame as they are nearly new but it's not right so I will change them.

But what about the brake pad wear wires, is there a repair wire which I guess would have the ABS wiring with it? Or do need to get the plug of a car being broken and cut in the loom further up and make good?

Also my drivers side seat belt won't retract without help and it's really annoying. What's best to clean it with? Or should I strip it down and lube the mech or get a new one?

Cheers in advance.

Well fingers crossed I have her running a treat at the moment and she is going great.

Last couple of bits I need to sort, I found that the brake pad wear light came on so investigated and found this

So I will replace the pads, which is a shame as they are nearly new but it's not right so I will change them.

But what about the brake pad wear wires, is there a repair wire which I guess would have the ABS wiring with it? Or do need to get the plug of a car being broken and cut in the loom further up and make good?

Also my drivers side seat belt won't retract without help and it's really annoying. What's best to clean it with? Or should I strip it down and lube the mech or get a new one?

Cheers in advance.

Yes, Audi do a repair loom for that problem, you join ir just inside the inner wing.

Steve B

Cheers in advance.

Yes, Audi do a repair loom for that problem, you join it just inside the inner wing.

Steve B

Perfect cheers, I will pop down and get one.

Any ideas on the seat belt?

Please be careful with the seat belt, they contain a pre-tensioner unit which could cause severe injury, if it were to go off. Personally, as it is such an important safety item, I'd just get the belt replaced with a new item. I'm sure I've read a thread saying there isn't much maintenance you can do anyway, but I can't find it now.

Matt.

Please be careful with the seat belt, they contain a pre-tensioner unit which could cause severe injury, if it were to go off. Personally, as it is such an important safety item, I'd just get the belt replaced with a new item. I'm sure I've read a thread saying there isn't much maintenance you can do anyway, but I can't find it now.

Matt.

Hi Matt,

I think you posted this to the wrong thread, this thread is about the wiring loom for the pad wear sensor and ABS sensor.

Steve B

Hi Steve,

I am posting in the correct thread; it's mentioned above in the original post, albeit very briefly. Thanks for letting me know, though. :)

Matt.

Hi Steve,

I am posting in the correct thread; it's mentioned above in the original post, albeit very briefly. Thanks for letting me know, though. :)

Matt.

HI Matt,

sorry, I didn't spot the cross reference to the seat belts.

Steve B

Last edited:
As for the seat belts, this is a message for all of those that have this quite common issue where the seat belts become slow to retract and have to be helped.

PLEASE don't just see that as "annoying", it is actually important to resolve this issue, for safety reasons.

Look at it this way, lets say you lean forward momentarily and then sit back, the belt does not retract and if you hit something you would have slack in the belt. Granted, the pre tensioner should help, but your belt should be a snug fit at all times.

So if your belt is slow to retract, please do try to resolve this issue.

Some people have mentioned cleaning the full length of the belt (pulled out to the maximum) using furniture polish spray etc.
In small quantities that is fine and it may resolve the issue in many cases. But don't put anything on that makes it too slippy (we don't want people sliding out of the belt in an accident!

Removing the trim (remembering Matt's advice about the pre-tensioner) may show what is causing it to not retract, but it could be a worn mechanism on the seat belt.

So pleas do try and get the belt to retract properly.

Steve B

Steve

I echo your thoughts on the seat belts.

Mine is fine when your wearing it and if pulled forward retracts as it should but when you take it of, so a different angle it just slowly retracts and I think it should be faster.

I will try and get a look at it tomorrow

Quick update

I sprayed a bit of furniture polish on the whole length and it made no difference....

Pulled panel of to have a look and found the problem, some idiot had put the loom for the two pillar switches around the seat belt!

So when wearing it it would retract the short distance if needed, but when removed the buckle was enough weight to really slow it dow as it had the loom wrapped around it.

Moved loom correctly and would you believe it runs like a dream and retracts at pace.

Back