Leak from tyre sidewall

ca2n

A2OC Donor
Hello all. Hope you can advise me for an appropriate course of action.

Just discovered a cut on the O/S rear tyre. The cut is on the sidewall and its barely holding in any pressure. Should I:

1. Attempt a temporary fix using Holts Tyreweld and drive to a garage to change the tyre, or
2. Take the wheel to a garage to get the tyre changed, leaving the car temporarily on the A2 jack.

Appreciate any advice.

I would go for option 2. Option one could well be illegal and unsafe.

Last edited:
I would go for option 2, as another option to make sure the car isn't resting on the jack I keep an old spare tyre around and put that under the car then when a wheel is removed rest it on the tyre as this spreads the weight evenly across the sill and won't "cut in" to the sill.

Option 2 plus some bricks under the rear suspension when jacked up remove wheel and let car down on bricks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I left the car on the A2 jack with some wood blocks underneath the rear suspension while I took the O/S rear wheel to a garage to replace the tyre.

O/S front wheel also had a new pin-hole leak discovered by the garage. Sabotage? Perhaps.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

I left the car on the A2 jack with some wood blocks underneath the rear suspension while I took the O/S rear wheel to a garage to replace the tyre.

O/S front wheel also had a new pin-hole leak discovered by the garage. Sabotage? Perhaps.
So how did they find the pin hole in the front if you only took the rear lol

Back