leather trim, factory sat nav?

hello to everyone in A2 owners club, i am looking at purchasing an a2 but im stuck at which way to go, do i forget about millage and go for spec or get a low millage one and spec it up myself. Which brings me to my first (of many) questions

Leather re trim, how much and where?

is ti possible to have a factory fit sat nav fitted?

Theres lots of info on both topics if you use the search function. Happy reading:D You need a double din dash (symphony in dash CD changer) and a retro fit RNS-E unit from an old style A6, plus lots of skill to do the sat nav. If you have a single din dash like most of us, you need a new dashboard which is around £800 for the dash plus the labour for fitting. Are you a budding auto electrician?? ;) I'm interested in a leather retrim myself as are a few members, best prices start from around £800 plus vat for leather front/imitation side and back of seat panels, to around £1400 for all leather plus door cards trimmed in leather including 2 tone option. One day :D

Last edited:
cheers for that, it seems that my ignorance is going to be a bit of a hindrance, double din dash? sorry if i'm coming across as a bit of a simpleton.

Single DIN - Normal sized car stereo (ie about 3" high)
Double DIN - twice this size!

Double DIN allows you to have nice things like SAT NAV screens incorporated into the centre console.

Personally i would spend £100 on a Tom Tom or £500 on Smartnav..... The 'tech' behind the factory sat-nav is inevitably getting old and the chances of finding an A2 with it factory fitted are slim. Leather is a nice option but if retro fitted it will not be heated and leather on a winters morning is b****y cold! Even factory fitted leather is not always heated. If you find a car with Alcantara I would recommend it, very comfy, grips well and doesn't feel cold.

Agree with Adrian. When I've been ticking the options on my new cars, heating on leather is a must for the cold Scottish winters, Brrrrr:eek:. I did buy my A4 used with Alcantara and whilst I did think twice because it didnt have heated seats, it was fine and altogether more cosy than full hide covering - however, I will continue to go for the full leather heated option now we have a wee one, anticipating mucho sickness and other messy stuff!! ;)

Back