LED fog lights?

dan_b

A2OC Donor
I was just browsing the Autobulbs website and noticed they sell LED foglight bulbs. I rather like the LED sidelights I've got, they're a perfect colour match for my Xenons. Has anyone tried LED foglights and are they any good, or is this the slippery slope to chavdom? :rolleyes:
Before you ask, no, I do not intend to start driving with just sidelights and fogs, as seems to be an increasingly ridiculous chav-trend :eek:

What's the bulb format for our front foglights, and is it easy to change them?

I don't think they are bright enough to serve as fog lights. Decorations may be. These seems to be a collection of small low wattage surface mounted LEDs. Even with the most LED configuration on there, (~45?) I don't think it will have enough lumens. As you said, 'slippery slope to chavdom' ;-)

[LED geekery] my 3W Cree XR-E P4 LED isn't bright enough in a unidirection light, to use as real fogs, you need something like a SSC P7 (or more) with a correct reflector/lense. Normal HID kit would be easier!

blue light is not as effective as yellow against fog.....

LED Geekery; I have a bunch of K2s here and several 10 degree lenses. They're going to be used in a bike light - but first I need 1500mA of power ;)

Bret

brett, get yourself some 2700mAh AA Sanyo Enelopes (I have GP 2700)! Drive it with 3 cells @ 3.75V with a DC regulator driver. But if you have a 'bunch' of K2s... how about some 18650 cells or old mobile phone batteries, all 3.7V Li-ion ;-)

wow !!
that's even more powerful than my Lupine Wilma :cool:
And what would it be with a decent reflector !

Back