LED Mod

john-wingnut

I have fitted footwell and exterior LED's and wired them in using the decoupling diode method, to stop them coming on when the interior light switch is used to turn the interior lights on.

Thing is, now I have done this, I cant actually turn my interior lights on using the switch - unless the ignition is on.

Where as before hand you can just turn the interior lights on and off no matter what the ignition status.

Has anyone got any idea as to why its doing this or have I dont something wrong.

I have put the diode between the interior lights and control unit, then taken a feed off before the diode for the exterior LED's. They only turn on when doors open and key removed from ignition, which is correct, so its working properly in that sense.

Has anyone got any idea as to why its doing this or have I dont something wrong.

John

sorry, I didn't get around to replying to your PM.

Sillly question: are you also feeding the LEDs positive from somewhere?

Bret

If you wanted them to come on with the interior lights ie come on when you unlock and go off when lock etc......Here's where you wire it to added photo found this on the German owners club, this found under the passenger floor

Phil

The LED's positive is connected to that positve point in the passenger footwell like you said bret.

The setup is working correctly, as in the exterior LED's only come on when the car is unlocked, doors opened or key removed from ignition.

My problem is, that normally you can unlock your car, get in, close the door and then wait a while and the interior lights will go off. Then normally I could use the interior light swtich to turn the interior / reading lights back on.

I can no longer do that. Lights time out and I try switch them back on - no go!!!

John

Back