LED sidelights

alanm

A2OC Donor
A year ago I fitted front LED sidelights (each of which contained 4 LEDs). These worked fine until last weekend when the FNS one started flashing like an indicator whenever it was switched on. Others tell me that this is a design feature so you can tell when the light is malfunctioning.

I've replaced them with these (see below) and the light output seems to be way better than when the last pair were working perfectly.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=380097884222

Only time will tell whether this was a worthwhile buy.

I tried some LED side lights from eBay - they were rubbish. Great when they worked but within approx 20hrs use they gave up.

Well i've had my 4led set in for nearly 2 years now and no problems (off Ebay). Hey Alan you will have to keep an eye on the side light defuser to see if there's any dis-colouring on it, or did you remove it ????

Cheers Phil

Phil - the bulbs are only rated at 1 watt. Surely that's too low to cause any discolouration?

I think the normal bulbs are 5 watt.

Phil - the bulbs are only rated at 1 watt. Surely that's too low to cause any discolouration?

I think the normal bulbs are 5 watt.

The normal bulbs are 3 watt. its the 5watts that do the damage to the sidelights

cheers
Robin

Back