Locking wheels bolts

dubbsy

Since picking my A2 up on Saturday, I've noticed it's not got locking wheel bolts. It's running on the 17 inch nine spoke quattro wheels. Does anyone know the best ones to get and approx cost?

a2 1.4 sport . dolphin grey . audi body kit . debadged tail . rear bench seat

Heh Dubbsy you wont need them in Nine Elms thats the Posh end of West Swindon mate ...........[24]

A2avatar.jpg

You can get locking wheel nuts from halfords for next to nothing, or go to audi perhaps an pay alot more, I have even seen audi logo'd wheel nuts on ebay I think?Locking wheel nuts are the law in nottingham if you have "nice rimms"....im assuming in a none sexual way..ha

Better safe than sorry. I looked in Halfords and they were only quoting the model number for 14 inch wheels so not sure if these will fit mine.

mine didnt have locking wheel nuts got mine from Audi as some dont fit cost £25 but at least they were the right ones. By the way DONT fit metal tyre valve caps they will rust on and it will cost to change the valves

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

If you do buy non Audi bolts make sure they have the curved type seat, the straight tapered ones will knacker your bolt seats on the wheel not to mention be at risk of coming loose due to insufficient surface seating area, remember its just friction that keeps these things on!!

A2 TDI Sport Leather, climate control, Bose cruise control

Thanks tdiman, I noticed the different seat types when I was looking in Halfords the other day - don't recall what type was on the ones they were specifying for the A2. Think I'd better just give Audi a call and see what they quote - will post the price when I find out..

Should be around £25 for a set. Had to get new front tyres last week and the garage where I took the car was impressed with the quality of the Audi locking bolts so you get what you pay for cheap does'nt always pay

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

Sorry crb11 - completely missed your previous post - doh - will pop over to Swindon Audi and see if they can sort me out with a set. I've heard that recently about metal valve caps rusting on. Strange cos years ago I bought some aftermarket wheels for a Renault 19 16V I was running at the time and specified alloy valves which had alloy caps and I had no problems with these at all. Is it a case of cheap grade metal valve caps rusting on? Surely proper alloy ones wouldn't do this? How about some of these... http://www.litewave.co.uk/tire_flares.asp - second thoughts...!

Back