Logging off for a Month

timmus

A2OC Donor
Hello A2OC,

Just a quick public post to let everyone know that I'll be incommunicado for much of January. At relatively late notice, I've been asked to go to Gabon (https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Gabon). So, all A2 work is on pause until I return and I probably won't be able to access this site (and my PMs) for much of my time away.
Apologies to those who are still waiting for me to complete upgrades on their A2s; I shall prioritise these things upon my return, assuming I don't get lost in the Congo jungle, never to be seen again!

Should anyone openly question why they've not heard from me, I'd be grateful if members could spread the word of my whereabouts.

I hope you all have a great New Year and may 2018 bring everyone happiness and prosperity.

Ciao for now!

Tom

Take plenty of medication ..... it's a harsh place to visit! P.M. sent regarding items held for me and the future.

David

Thank you, folks. I'm going out there to do a job, but it's my intention to explore the region as much as I possibly can.

Take plenty of medication .....

I've been stabbed in the arm with vaccinations for every tropical disease you care to mention, will be popping antimalarials for weeks and will do my utmost to avoid getting schistosomiasis and other such nasties!

...see if you can spot an A2 there!

I shall keep my eye out, though I'm not hopeful of success!

Cheers,

Tom

I never doubted it.

I like giving people travel vaccines. They are always so happy about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice trip, sure beets the cold north of England
if you get a chance could you text me a number so I can arrange collection of my mats, spots etc from Leyland
We will no doubt meet up soon in 2018

Cheers
Paul

If you've never been to Africa Tom your in for one very big culture shock but i suspect you already know that. Very important this one,..........when mountain climbing make sure you take a guide with you and preferably one armed with a Machetti to kill the snakes you are absolutely bound to come across! Lol Been there done that and it's a must. Oh i just remembered,........... the sea currents there are very dangerous so don't go in above your ankles having said all that i suspect your going to love the experience and anything the pussy brits whinge about will pail into all insignificance!:eek::eek::eek:

Almost forgot, make sure you have plenty of "dash" money for the sticky situations you may get into and above all Have a great time. ;)

If you've never been to Africa Tom your in for one very big culture shock but i suspect you already know that...

I've never been to the Congo basin area before, but I've definitely done my fair share of travelling outside of "the west". Roughing it around foreign lands, finding new adventures is a life-long hobby. I hope to return with some excellent photos to share. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Hello people of A2OC!

I'm back! I had an incredible adventure in the tropics and shall post some photos as soon as I've had a chance to sort through them.

I actually landed back in the UK a couple of weeks ago, but was almost immediately on another trip to Scotland. I am now home for a week and then working in London for a while.

I've just completed another round of Colour DIS installations for our members in the extreme north. This means only three from the original order remain. You know who you are and you're high on my priority list.

I hope everyone's well,

Tom

Last edited:
Back