Long-term owner of 1.4 TDI (75), but fairly new to A2OC

frogman

Hello to all in the A2OC.

I've had a 2001 Y 1.4 TDI (113,500 miles) for about 10 years! However, I'm now able to spend more time and money on it (and what a great car it has been throughout), so I hope to contribute to the A2OC a bit more.

I have recently replaced a scratched windscreen, bought new wheels, had the thermostat and temperature sensor replaced. In two days I will be visiting Vince at Stealth to get new suspension (Weitecs at the front and Koni FSDs all round) as well as a rolling road engine remap.

Remaining on the list of things to fix are: dent in bonnet (might just buy a second-hand replacement), scratches to paintwork and front wings, maybe EBC brake pads if the braking is not improved after the new suspension, replacement radio (Audi one has been draining 100 mA when ignition is off), deep clean/replacement of cloth interior, rattles in drivers door and panel to left of glovebox, and further investigation of 300 mA excess drain from "Instrument Cluster" circuit when ignition is off.

Here are some photos of before and after the new wheels (these photos might be upside-down - a quirk of uploading - an extra click seems to make them rotate though) .... IMG_1520.JPGIMG_1610.JPGIMG_1611.JPG

I look forward to keeping in touch with events on the A2OC.

Best wishes,

Chris

Last edited:
Great to see you becoming active on here !!!

No need to tell you how addictive the A2 is; 10 years ownership is longer than the average marriage these days.

Welcome and have fun.

Steve B

Back