Lookers Audi : Thornaby (Teeside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have to say it but to my surprise my first trip back to the dealer after sale was a very good one!! 10 points to Lookers Audi to be fair. I had to take my A2 in for some new car teething problems...

1. front engine flap wouldn't release : now fixed
2. rear passenger side side won't fold down : broke ordered new part
3. two front alloys scratched when picked up : two new alloys on front and also swapped the full set of tyres from dunlops to rim protecting michelins!!
4. Drivers door not flush with side panels when closed : fixed
5. forgot to put in parcel shelf after cleaning : put back
6. steam in headlight : looking into.

They also gave me a free set of carpet mats, as I couldn't believe they didn't give you them and wanted to charge me £70 for the set!

They fixed everything while I waited, and I got more than I went in for. They did try to get me interested in buying a TT while I waited, but to be honest the interest is there but the cash isn't, so sell on!

Credit where credit is due! I just hope this happens everytime I go in.

Silver TDI Sport | 17 inch TT alloys | Audi bodykit | CD | Climate control | Custom Badges

Glad to here you got the service you deserve and all the faults/problems have been rectified.
It's reassuring to know that you can take your car in and have it sorted without them messing something else up.
Personally, I leave the dealer thinking I'll definitely come back when I get this sort of service.

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

well, I may have to take my comments back as my dash bleeped to tell me that my washer water was empty, so I pulled into a garage to top it up. Only to find that the front flap hasn't actually been touched at all despite a service member signing it off. It's my fault for not checking at the garage I suppose. So I now have to put up with the loud 'beeeeep' noise coming form the dash every two minutes for a week until it goes back in.

I guess I spoke too soon!

Silver TDI Sport | 17 inch TT alloys | Audi bodykit | CD | Climate control | Custom Badges

It's one of those annoying things Michael. I remember doing the exact same thing, you go to pick the car up, they tell you it's all done so you take them at face value, drive home, then realise it's not been done at all. That's when the blood boils.

I think the washing of the car is psychological, lulling you into a false sense of security. You see your shiny car and think the work must have been done too. I resorted to checking the car myself before driving off.... once (or several times in my case) bitten twice shy and all that.

Well, I hope you get it sorted soon.

Regards, Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I always check a car after a service or repair, not applicable to A2 yet, but in the past I have found after fitting a new cltch, 3 clutch housing bolts missing (too difficult to put in!), and on another a new alternator fitted, no bolts tightened up, including the drive belt. Often while serviced the tyres are not checked for pressure, try deflating them a bit, not so they are flat, and see if they spot it.

I think the point being missed here is that you needed to take the car in for so much remedial work at all. Why do they never get things right first time!

A2 1.4, Amulet red, open sky, solid rear seat and wee box

It's a creative process which involves humans, so it's inevitably going to have problems. Don't get me wrong here I'm not defending them, merely just stating a fact. In an ideal world they would get them all right first time, but since when have we lived in an ideal world?

visit: http://www.mediacitizen.com/audi

I see your point, but i live in an ideal world when these humans relieve me of a lot of money for the car in the first place with promises of excellent service and then charge me close to £80 an hour if something goes wrong with it!

A2 1.4, Amulet red, open sky, solid rear seat and wee box

[3]Hi all,

New A2 owner here, purchased from Wolverhampton Audi, 5 months old. Had a problem with a CD/Radio they fitted to my car arranged as part of the sale. Basically no AM reception and poor FM. Made numerous calls none of which have ever been returned I could write down the catalouge of events for a week but won't bore you all with them. Just to say if anyone is thinking of paying them a vist DON'T BOTHER they are a waste of time. Don't know what one or the other are doing..... Grrrrrr!!!

Mark (Stafford)

ps the car itself though is grreeaatttt..

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

I went to Wolverhampton Audi before buying mine over 2 years ago - wasn't impressed with them at that time either. Firstly they had no interest in talking to me, and when I finally had to interupt their busy day they had no interest in talking about the A2.
I basically stopped talking and exited the showroom promptly never to return.

I could recommend Shrewsbury Audi to you, however they are probably a bit to far away - do you have any other AUDI dealers close?

Kaine

You could try Beechwood Audi @ Halesowen, Sutton Coldfield Audi, Hartwell @ Birmingham or Stafford Audi. These are all within 15 miles of Wolverhampton.

Shaf

Would not recommend Lancaster at Sutton Coldfield (earlier post in this section of forum) - no experience of the others.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Ok so what do we want from a dealer?
Buying: I want to be treated like an intelligent human being who has a good idea what he wants. I will not be ignored or patronised. I want to be given all available relevant literature to read at my leisure so that when I return to buy I have a good idea of the colours and extras I like. I want a good test drive, not just around the block, some cars I have had for a couple of hours. I would like to discuss the price without bull****, none of this "I'll just have to discuss this with you know who" several times. I don't want sneering looks and remarks at my part exchange (it was the best thing since sliced bread when I bought it from the same dealer). Should I decide not to buy, I do not want to be treated like a leper (Mercedes, Romford, listen), or a peasant (Grange motors listen). I do not want other manufacturers offerings denigrated, I can do that on my own. Delivery to be as promised regarding date and the ordered spec, and a full demo of the cars features before I drive away. A sensible quantity of fuel in the tank, my Ford had not a sniff of fuel, and they did not sell it, really! A follow up phone call would be nice too a week or so later. Most of the good things above was my experience with the purchase of the A2, so I was happy.
Service: If you can't answer my call to service dept. when I ring and you promise to ring back , DO IT!!!. My dealer never rings back, Nissan always does. Don't ignore me when I turn up at the door after failing to reach you on the phone, my dealer does that. Do all those things promised on the customer service blurb, my dealer does most of them. Listen to me when I book the car in, my dealer does that, when I had a Rover they never did, so faults persisted until I spoke direct to the technician. Do a technically competent job on the car, don't stub your cigarette ends out in my car and leave the ash tray full(I don't smoke, my Rover dealer did. Don't leave the car out all night with the sun roof open, you find that hard to believe, so did I, (Ford). Return the car as clean or cleaner than when it went in, my dealer does that. Loan me a car if possible, my dealer does that. Don't charge me for things that have not been done, no problem with my dealer for that. Charge me a reasonable price, and have the car ready when promised, or an explanation why not, no bull****, my dealer does that.
I once took my neighbours car in for a service (she was a busy midwife) to a Ford main agents, when I picked it up it was in EXACTLY the same spot that I had left it in a side road. I returned it to her and showed her that in my opinion it had not been looked at, but she paid and carried on using it.
I once picked up my Rover to find the oil level about 4 inches above the mark, they had not drained the old oil .
Does it happen today?
Any other opinions? Have I missed anything?

With regards to your not emptying of the old oil before putting in the new stuff, things like that still do happen. The reason I know is that I have a toyota HI-ace as a company van and after a recent service the low oil warning light came on 3 times on the way back from the garage. When I stopped and checked the oil level there wasn't a single drop of oil in it. God knows what damage it did to the engine.

[2002] | 1.4 | azure blue | 2 tone leather | concert II single cd.
Member of A2OC site.
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk12.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back