Looking for...

Code 1435 came up on a scan so is the break pressure sensor inside the ABS unit or underneath the master cylinder. 04 TDi

Many thanks to anybody who can help
John

P.S. Doesn't my car know there's a recession on?!

Thanks Will and Spike, ABS unit on ebay £500 ouch,bit confused all brake lights are working could it still be the switch Thanks

Just bumping this up, anyone got any ideas for me really running at a loss.

I've currently been without my car for a week now, 2 garages so far and no one has a clue, debating whether I should travel far and take her to Audi and pay £££££ for something that could be £10. It seems you start with the cheapest possible fault/fix and work your way through until you hit the jackpot, which could cost you a fortune in the process.

Just a few questions regarding the 01435 code, if you could answer please that would be great. :)

If it were the Break Light Switch, would the break lights still be working and yet the switch still be faulty and giving me the readings on the dash?

Another question, is the Break Pressure Sensor located inside the ABS unit or underneath the master cylinder on the 04 TDi model? Because it could also be that.

Just trying to decipher this problem and sort my car out once and for all.

clean the switch first, then look at the sensor. Yes, it might be "working" and still giving readings that the computer doesn't see as being plausible.

Bret

John,

I'd echo the points of the other guys on replacing the brake light switch first.

I had some random G201 pressure sensor errors which brought up that code. Suggesting what it considered to be an intermittent implausible signal. Brake lights seemed to be working everytime i checked.

Few weeks later, noticed brake lights werent working either, then shortly after that got the flashing glow plug light.

I guess this is related to pressure being generated but no signal to suggest the brake pedal has been depressed, hence some confusion caused in controller.

Worth changing first anyway i'd say. Its cheap, easy to do and they go faulty frequently anyway.

After changing the switch all the faults disappeared and have never returned. I also had working brake lights which is always a bonus!

All the best.

Gary

I think the brake light switch signals the ECU to trim the fuelling and failure of this feature triggers the warning lamp. It's therefore possible the brake lights could still operate ok even though the switch is on its way out.
If you can change the switch yourself I reckon its worth a try.

Cheers Spike

been searching through other threads on how to change the brake switch but i cant seem to remove the headlight switch. iv pushed it in, turned it but cant seem to pull it out. An does anyone know which way i have to pull it as in to the rear of the car or down to the floor

the switch needs to be pushed towards the front of the car. Then twist - around halfway towards sidelights, you should be able to pull it towards you.

Make sense?

Bret

It really is simple when you know how John:

Grasp the light switch between thumb and first finger, as if you were going to turn the lights on.

Now, PUSH the turning part forwards - it'll go in by about a centimeter at most.

Whilst the switch is being pushed, TURN clockwise as far as it'll go (not far actually!).

Now, the switch is pushed and turned, you need to keep the turning force applied and pull the whole assembly towards you - it'll just slide right out!

Cheers,

Mike

thanks mike
tried what you said an the switch does not move. i've pushed it in turned it an there is no movement what so ever.

Don't be overly gentle with it - like a lot of A2 parts, they can be pretty stubborn.

If all else fails, you can remove the lower dash panel withough taking the switch out, but it's very tight to remove the clips.

Cheers,

Mike

PS You are starting with the switch in the lights off position?

i am starting in the lights off position the switch does move in an turn to the right an locks in position, i just cant physically pull the unit out without my fingers slipping off. i'll try again tomorrow now

managed to change the brake light switch today. the dash board warning lights are all still lit up do i need to get the fault codes cleared or is there another fault some where else in the abs system.
thanks

would that be to get the whole unit out dipping switches and all? i need to do this as ive sourced a complete unit but im not that great at diy car mechanics!

Mike's instructions are how to remove the main headlight switch assembly (the one that turns on/off the fog lights, side lights and main lights) situated near your right knee.

Cheers

Jeff

unit now removed many thanks guys swaped over with a earlier model with harder paint

cheers

oli

Last edited:
Back