Looking to buy - Need advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2orMINI

Hi, I'm looking to buy an A2 (or possibly a Mini as you can tell by my name!), but I really need some advice on running costs, ownership experience, what to look for etc.
I've gathered that A2's are very economical (particularly TDi) but can find nothing about service costs or intervals.
I would be happy with petrol or tdi but am unsure of what extras you get with SE and Sport models. I'm assuming the sports seats and 17" wheels for the sport - is the suspension different? Does anyone have pics of the sport seats?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Liz.

Hi.....this is a good site for new car running cost information:
http://www.fleetnewsnet.co.uk/running_costs/window/index.asp?s=running_costs

Typical service costs for the TDi are £240-300. But this is for a variable service interval and that can be upto 30k miles.
Generally I think the A2 will be slightly cheaper to run than the Mini, but the biggest difference I'd say is that the A2 is a genuine 4 seater car with good boot size, whilst the Mini is more of a 2+2 with small boot. But at the end of the day I guess it's down to which style you like best.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Thanks for reply. Does that mean the A2 is serviced on a mileage basis rather than every 12 months/12K miles like most manufacturers?

If its 30K miles that could be 3 years of motoring.

Liz

You can elect to have the car serviced either by the more traditional annual basis or mileage basis. With the mileage options it's not just the total mileage that counts but the type of driving that you do. If you do more short journeys then your car will need to be serviced more frequently, if you do mostly long journeys then less so, upto a maximum of 30k miles or 2 years, which ever comes first.

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Thanks Will, So do I have to elect which I plan to do beforehand with a dealership, or just turn up within the 30K/2 year limit at my discretion?

Thanks.

I think all newish Audi's come as standard with VSI (variable service interval) enabled as it makes more sense to 95% of owners. Our first service after 18 months but only 9000 miles came in at approx £270.

Until recently, you had the choice of a basic A2 (exactly what is says on the tin), the SE (with leather steering wheel, false boot floor, upgraded stereo, etc) or the Sport, which had the 17" alloys, sport seats, Quattro gbmh suspension & a couple of other goodies.

Nowadays, you have the choice of the Special Edition (not the SE above) and thats it I think.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

The first owner will chose which of the two service type he/she wants. Then the DIS (Driver Information System) will tell the owner when the car is due for the service. I think any subsequent owners can then change the service type by taking the car back to an Audi garage for a simple software change.

Look in the Selling section. I`m selling mine 2K below book price!
Can`t buy any cheeper + Audi warranty.
Islandgreen

hotcars,

Fancy some free advertising do we?!!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

Be careful with the MINI if you go for a petrol - the 1.6 Litre basic engine is a very old design that uses an incredible amount of fuel around town - expect 23mpg or less.

Diesel MINI One is supposed to be pick of the bunch if you are not into turbo nutter flash. Alas Cooper fun but again very expensive on fuel and insurance.

Get an A2 - they are far less common and a genuine advance in car technology - better still get an import A2 1.2 TDI - my wife drove Preston to Teeside in under 2 hours and averaged 95 mpg !

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/mar.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back