Low Washer Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

abre

Should the SE have a low washer warning? The manual is at best vague, but does lead me to think it should, only I ran out of screen wash this evening, fully expecting to have had a warning.

Andrew - 2003 1.4 TDI Silver Climate

My TDi SE definitely has a low washer warning - how do I know this? ...because it scared the living daylights out of me when I was driving along as it is so loud!

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

abre
mine has the low 'fluid' warnings - however what's most annoying is that once one has lit up and 'bonged' you lose the outside temp gauge until you rectify the problem!

Stuart
I see that you have included the Front Centre Armrest in your A2 spec. What's the update on ordering one - any pics?

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Looks like it's time to lift the lid and have a look, I hope it's just a wire off then I can spare myself a visit to the dealer!

Just had a look, doing the dash test there isn't an icon for the washer, so looks as if it's been removed on the 2003 model, will ring the dealer on Monday and enquire. Didn't lift the lid, it started to hail, sleet and snow as as I got outside.

Just for info, our 2003 spec SE has the low level sensor for washer fluid. Similar to Stuart, it scares the hell out of you when it goes off the first time.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

I notice from your spec that you have DIS, it's included in that, but not by the look of it on the standard version.

Ah... Didn't notice that. That could well explain it.

Where abouts are you abre? Just want to know if the hail/snow etc is anywhere near.

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

Rob,
I live in Saddleworth, up in the Pennines. As I type I see it's returned, thought the temperature had dropped again!

Nowhere near me then, as I'm down in Kent. Just typical UK weather so far - a damp drizzle.

So what's this Front Centre Armrest then, sounds interesting.

Update: Dealer says that it should have a low washer warning, and to bring it in so that it can be checked...

Low washer warning is only available if you have dis. For me it was one of the mainreasons to get dis.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Front Centre Armrest...all the info and questions are in the 'Buying' forum section.

2001 TDi SE | Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest
www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

If I do the diagnositc check on mine it doesn't do the washer fluid level. 2003 with TDi SE no DIS system installed. Manual says its on DIS fitted cars only

Our 2002 with no DIS has a warning of sorts - my wife makes me wash it every weekend and it gets filed up at the same time regrdless of use!!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

If you have headlamp washers, the fluid tank is much bigger than std. The bing bong on FIS/DIS is quite annoying - every 5 mins till you filler up!

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

I have a 2003 SE with no DIS and I dont get a warning when the fluids running out- Its very annoying, even my old Fiesta had a liitle light that lit up!

So whats this when u check the computer, does it tell u when its doing its check?

2003 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

does the petrol version have it fitted?

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Dave,

The manual shows 2 versions of DIS. One with full features and one with just basic functions, washer level features in both.

The standard display does not have washer warning. Only DIS cars have it.
There is only one DIS. The other is the standard fitting.

icon_smile_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back