Lowering 1.4 petrol using Eibach springs

Hi there - looking to lower my car by approx 20 mm using Eibach lowering kit which I already have in combination with Koni yellow sport shocks (I have also). Looking at the parts lists online I notice there are two types of front and rear bump stops listed for my car (Aua engine) - which I guess are related to se and sport specifications. Am I correct in saying if I specify sport spec bump stops for front and rear I will not have to modify them to fit (ie. Cut and glue rears) . The parts lists two different heights for the rear bumper stops ( 8z0 type at 140mm height / 6q type at 123mm height) - 17mm difference so with my moderate lowering of 20mm almost perfect or am I mistaken. Will the sport front bump stops be a direct replacement on se type springs?

Regards david

It could be worth a look at 2002> Polo bumpstops to see if the sport ones for those are any shorter.

Hi - thanks for that - I would think my original bump stops are pretty shot by now so will buy new ones as relatively cheap - reference cutting of the bump stops - like I say there are two bump stops listed for my 2001 car depending on if sport suspension fitted I guess ( can anyone confirm? ) and one is 17 mm shorter than the other (polo part number versus a2 8z0 part number) so was hoping to just fit the shorter version as lowering only 20mm (no need to cut for 3mm difference?).

I assume that normal procedure is to trim the bump stops by the amount of lowering required but may be wrong.

All the best and thanks for any information received - david

Last edited:
These springs are HARD. You probably won't need to cut the bump stops as I have the Eibachs with FSD and original SE bump stops. The ride is so firm it hardly ever hits the original bump stops. Only the very very worst pot holes do I hit the bump stops. Put it in some context, I was probably over 90mph hitting the Fox Hole at the 'ring and I didn't remember it hitting the stops. I think you'll be ok with the sports bump stops for street use.

Back