Lumber Support

battyb

I have a SE with standard seats. My wife finds the lack of lumber support very difficult. Anyone else had the same problem or now a good fix?

Cheers

The only fix is to install seats with them fitted - they were standard on sport seats (and hence sport models), so if you can find a pair from a scrapper, buy them, as long as the airbags are intact.

Even if the bags have been removed, you can still transplant your own into the new seats - there was only ever one type, although several colours obviously.

If you find a pair, I can always help you in the fitting.

Cheers,

Mike

PS, Did you get the correct tow ball holder?

Hi battyb

I once priced the parts to retrofit lumbar and they came to £350+ per seat so Skipton's suggestion is the only sensible way to go.

On A2's the seat base adjusts independently from the backrest so your wife could try raising or lowering the base to optimise the contour of the backrest relative to her sitting position.

Cheers Spike

Mike, Not got tow bar holder sorted yet. I went in before I got your email and they could not fit the two bar either. They eventually got in on a ramp and it is sorted now but difficult. I asked for the holder and they could not find on the system. Will go in next week with your reference and have another go.

Cheers

Back